Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic keeps winning with "Gitano" on his back and the Romani flag on his shorts
Romani kickboxer Václav Sivák has crushed one rival after another to rack up what are 15 professional victories so far - during the "Night of Warriors" gala evening at Parkhotelu Smržovka on Saturday he defeated Ali-El Saleha of Germany. During the first seconds of the match it was clear he was dominating and Saleha bowed out before the first round even ended after going down for the count twice.
The 21-year-old Sivák gave the competitor from Germany no chance. Three other contestants had bowed out due to illness before the match was eventually held with Saleh.
"Another first-round victory. I hope my rival is ok. Thanks to all for their support. We keep on going!" Sivák posted to social media after winning.
The kickboxer from the Czech Republic openly espouses his Romani origin. During the match on Saturday the word "Gitano" could be seen on his back and he wore both the Czech and Romani flags on his shorts.
The talented martial artist said he would now like to go to Thailand for a few months and that he is also considered transitioning into Mixed Martial Arts (MMA). "I'd like to spend a couple of months in Thailand now, maybe get to Lumpinee Boxing Stadium. I also train in MMA, so I'm up for anything, but we all know that your attitude comes in first place," he said in an interview for CzechFighters.cz.
- Romani kickboxer becomes Czech champion in classical boxing as well, will the big promoters notice?
- Czech millionaire goes undercover as part of new reality show, volunteers at Romani boxing club, then surprises them with a donation
- More than one Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic wins events in the WAKO K-1 WORLD GRAND PRIX 2020
- "Gypsy King" Tyson Fury defeats Wilder to become world boxing champion
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin wins gold in Sarajevo
- International Romani amateur boxing match won by team from Slovakia
- England: Czech emigré of Romani origin establishes boxing team for children from the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- UK boxer of Irish Traveller origin Tyson Fury met his fans in Prague
- VIDEO: Kickbox champ of Czech Republic wins again, celebrates with the Romani flag
- Romani kickbox champ of Czech Republic celebrates victory at Muay-Thai evening in Slovakia with Romani flag around his shoulders
- Czech and Romani-Slovak rappers box each other in front of sold-out arena in Prague
- Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
- Czech Republic: Boxing club gets boys and girls off the streets of excluded localities
- Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
- UK Boxing Board of Control suspends Tyson Fury, fighter with Irish Traveller roots relinquishes remaining titles to get sober
- Czech Republic plans billions for "nonprofits", but half will go to sports - targeted Romani projects will receive exponentially less money
- Ladislav Samek: It is hard to get rid of the label of "institutionalized child" in Czech society
- Romani activist Štefan Tišer has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Czech NGO ROMEA offering Romani students another scholarship opportunity
- Funeral for Jan Rác will take place tomorrow, Friday, 4 June, in Karviná, Czech Republic
- Funeral for Jiřina Šiklová to be held tomorrow in Prague
- Jan Rác, Romani activist and researcher, has passed away
- Slovakia: Racist politicians launch hateful anti-Romani campaign over state's pandemic benefit for impoverished children
- ROMEA TV program discusses current COVID-19 disinformation and hoaxes on the Czech Internet
- Petr Ščuka: Romani flag accessories with Swarovski crystals are popular
- Vojtěch Lavička on the Ostrava incident: Knowing how to communicate can prevent dangerous conflicts
- Czech Charter 77 signatory and sociologist Jiřina Šiklová has passed away, advocated for Romani equality