International Romani amateur boxing match won by team from Slovakia
Romani amateur boxers have competed in the Vodova Hall in Brno, Czech Republic for the South Moravian Regional Cup. Teams from the Czech Republic and Slovakia challenged each other.
The event was held by the Association of Romani Societies in the Czech Republic. This second year of the contest was supported by many former professional boxers from both countries.
Ján Zachara (born 27 August 1928), a former Czechoslovak boxer who won the gold medal in the featherweight division at the 1952 Summer Olympics in Helsinki, spoke with the young contestants about fair play. Boxers from Slovakia won the cup for a second time.
Patrik Baláž of the Dukla Olomouc team from the Czech Republic was declared the most successful boxer of the match in terms of technique. Rastislav Lučanský, chair of the Association of Romani Societies, gave the cup to the victors.
- England: Czech emigré of Romani origin establishes boxing team for children from the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- UK boxer of Irish Traveller origin Tyson Fury met his fans in Prague
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin to compete next week at MMA gala in Prague
- VIDEO: Kickbox champ of Czech Republic wins again, celebrates with the Romani flag
- Romani kickbox champ of Czech Republic celebrates victory at Muay-Thai evening in Slovakia with Romani flag around his shoulders
- Czech and Romani-Slovak rappers box each other in front of sold-out arena in Prague
- Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
- Czech Republic: Boxing club gets boys and girls off the streets of excluded localities
- Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
- UK Boxing Board of Control suspends Tyson Fury, fighter with Irish Traveller roots relinquishes remaining titles to get sober
- Saunders gives British boxing team a boost
- Slovak Ombudswoman and NGOs appeal to Government to compensate illegally sterilized people
- Slovak MP who is also a Romani community member accused of sexually abusing a teenaged girl, claims he is innocent
- After European Court of Human Rights ruling, Slovak court acquits yet another Romani victim wrongfully indicted for reporting a brutal police attack
- Slovakia: Racist politicians launch hateful anti-Romani campaign over state's pandemic benefit for impoverished children
- Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic defeats competitor after 90 seconds
- Romani activist Rudolf Zajda has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Slovak public broadcasting continuing children's television program in Romanes and Slovak
- MEP Peter Pollák on World Roma Day: Mere declarations of willingness to solve problems not enough, it's time for results
- Czech and Slovak youth have different attitudes toward minorities - Czechs are more LGBT-tolerant, Slovaks more tolerant of immigrants or Muslims
- Czech actress accused by fellow Instagrammers of racism for her comments about Black people on an American beach
- This year marks the 76th anniversary of the Nazi murder of Romani people in a detention camp in Slovakia
- Chess player, age 11, is a Romani talent from Slovakia who is defeating adult competitors