Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
Václav Sivák, Europe's junior champion last year and now the winner in the male category of the Czech Open International Kickboxing Tournament, was the guest of ROMEA TV's "10 Minutes Plus" with Richard Samko. Sivák is being spoken of by sports media outlets as one of the biggest talents in this discipline in the Czech Republic.
Sivák has many victories under his belt. In addition to his athletic achievements, he has scored personal victories after growing up in an excluded locality where it would have been easy for him to take a very different path in life.
His father led him to sports, which kept him off the streets and helped him find his way. In the interview, Samko asks him about his experiences fighting both in and out of the ring.
Sivák now dominates the discipline in the male K-1 category of weight up to 67 kg. Last year, while still a junior, he won gold at the Cadets and Juniors European Championships convened by the most prestigious organization in the sport, the World Association of Kickboxing Organizations, in Skopje, Macedonia, in the male K-1 category of weight up to 64.5 kg
- Czech Republic: Romani boy assaulted on bus by ticket-checker gives interview to Romea.cz
- Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
- VIDEO: Interview with grandson of the Czechoslovak Romani partisan Josef Serinek
- Martin Daniel, the ball hockey champion of Slovakia, is also a diabetic and a member of the Romani community
- Interview with Romani activist Veronika Kmetzová of Předlice in the Czech Republic
- Interview with Czech Vice-Mayor who believes the Govt method for identifying Romani people crosses the line
- Slovakia: Drunken, knife-wielding man threatens to kill Romani children for being in a park and is now in custody
- Justice for Stanislav. Family of the late Romani man from Teplice, Czech Republic publishes obituary, funeral will be Saturday
- VIDEO: "Kneeling on the neck means death" - debut from Romani rapper Filip Šenki in the Czech Republic
- Chair of the Czech Helsinki Committee: Czech society is racist towards Romani people
- Czech Helsinki Committee opens bank account to aid the family of Stanislav Tomáš, who died after intervention by police in Teplice
- Commentary: The dictatorship in a hostile Russia is criticizing the Czechs about human rights over the death of Stanislav Tomáš
- Russia calls for investigation of the death of Stanislav Tomáš after intervention by police in Teplice
- LIVE at 18:00 TODAY - Webinar on police brutality against Romani people with MEP Romeo Franz and director of RomanoNet Michal Miko
- Čeněk Růžička: I know I wouldn't survive even three minutes of a knee to the neck, to say nothing of six, mainly because of stress
- Czech cardiologist: Drug users have broken health, breathing problems introduced during an arrest can have tragic results
- ROMEA TV's "TRIN" program: The late Mr Tomáš's family has a lawyer, officials have not contributed to calming a tense situation
- Romani Rose, head of the Central Council of German Sinti and Roma: Czech Police intervention in Teplice was abhorrent, brutal, and inhumane