Legendary heavy metal band Sepultura supports Roma on their International Day
The legendary heavy metal band Sepultura, who hail from Brazil, posted a clear message of support for Romani people on their official Facebook profile on Friday 8 April 2016. "Sepultura will always support the right to anyone or any group to be free and to live in peace. Respect the differences to build a strong and prosperous society," the group posted along with links to other information about International Romani Day on the website of the Romani media organization Romedia Foundation, based in Hungary.
Almost four million fans follow the band's Facebook profile and the post included the hashtags #romamovement45 #romaday #opreroma. Sepultura is a Brazilian heavy metal band who play a combination of death metal and thrash metal.
Currently their music is tending more toward groove metal. The word "sepultura" means "tomb" in Portuguese.
- Czech Republic: International Romani Day marred by conflict at Prague restaurant
- US Embassy in Prague displays Romani flag in honor of International Romani Day
- John Kerry on International Romani Day: Today we celebrate the rich cultural heritage of Roma and their contributions to society
- Czech Human Rights Minister on International Romani Day: Quality education, more awareness of Romani culture, history, language all important
- Brazil: Fatal altercation between police and Romani family launches campaign of mass murder against local Roma
- VIDEO: "Kneeling on the neck means death" - debut from Romani rapper Filip Šenki in the Czech Republic
- Jaroslav Miko on the death of a Romani man after a police intervention: It is legitimate to demand the entire incident be investigated
- Czech art competition for works about the Holocaust of the Roma announces winners this week
- Radek Banga refuses interview for ROMEA TV, objects to articles published by news server Romea.cz and to hateful attacks against him on Czech social media
- Petr Horváth, founder of the band Gipsy Sendy, has passed away at the age of 45 in Slovakia
- EU Fundamental Rights Agency and OSCE say governments must deliver aid to Roma affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- VIDEO: Igor Kmeťo, Jr., Monika Bagárová, Jan Bendig and others release new song for International Roma Day
- US administration greets Roma on 8 April, Romani flag up at the US Embassy in Prague
- Alexander Soros: We celebrate the identity, self-determination and unity of Roma, Open Society Foundations will always support them
- MEP Peter Pollák on World Roma Day: Mere declarations of willingness to solve problems not enough, it's time for results
- Czech Foreign Minister on World Roma Day: Fighting for equality is an integral part of Czech foreign policy