LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AND TOMORROW: Two-day conference on hate speech against Roma and Sinti in the media and how to fight it
Hate speech is a global phenomenon and Roma and Sinti people all over Europe and the rest of the world are among those targeted for attack by such speech. Both in the traditional media and online, especially on social media, Sinti and Roma people are victimized by discriminatory and hateful speech, disinformation, misrepresentation, and fake news, all of which can be considered displays of anti-Romani racism.
For that reason, the European Roma Institute for Arts and Culture (ERIAC), in collaboration with the Council of Europe's Roma and Travellers Team and the Central Council of German Sinti and Roma, is holding a two-day conference on this subject RIGHT NOW. The entire conference is taking place in English and is being broadcast live on Facebook.
VIDEO - 10. 3. 2021
- Czech racists hated Vodafone Christmas ad featuring non-white children, the company objects to their online comments
- Czech Interior Ministry report finds far-right party was the "super spreader" of hate last year
- Antigypsyism and antisemitism rooted in European culture for centuries, experts discuss the causes of online hate
- Chair of the Pirate Party in the Czech Republic stands up for Romani activist assaulted by hateful attackers
- Czech court returns to case of hateful online comments about non-"white" first-graders, but witnesses fail to appear
- Czech court returns to case of hate speech online targeting non-"white" first-graders
- Czech Prosecutor General working with OSCE to prosecute hate speech more effectively
- Czech Interior Ministry: Hate speech increased in intensity last year
- BBC reports Twitter makes it possible to target ads at members of hate groups or teens with eating disorders
- Petr Torák: Hate crimes spiked in the UK after the Brexit referendum, what will the elections bring?
- Czech Regional Court returns online hate speech case about death threats against first-graders to lower court, more evidence needed
- Czech ombudswoman: Haters online frequently refuse to admit to themselves that they could be breaking the law
- Zdeněk Ryšavý: Online hate - what can we do? Welcoming remarks at the 2019 Annual Conference of the International Network against Cyber Hate (INACH)
- LIVE BROADCAST: International Conference on Antigypsyism and Hate Speech Online
- Hate Killer 3000! campaign reminds bystanders in the Czech Republic how to stand up to hate
- International Network against Cyber Hate and ROMEA hold conference on antigypsyism and online hate in Czech capital
- Czech Prosecutor General insists online hate speech is a felony, Supreme Court agrees
- Czech Police, prosecutors intensively focus on online haters, number of prosecutions rising
- Editor-in-Chief of Czech media outlet appeals direct sentencing for publishing antigypsyist content, the case will be heard in open court
- Human rights activists: Czech police officers who intervened against Stanislav Tomáš should be suspended until investigations end, ban kneeling on the neck during interventions
- LIVE BROADCAST TOMORROW 10 AM: Press conference on the case of the death of Stanislav Tomáš in the Czech Republic
- The confirmation that Slavia Prague hooligans with violent pasts were among those attacking Roma in the Czech town of Sokolov? Selfies.
- Brazil: Fatal altercation between police and Romani family launches campaign of mass murder against local Roma
- Several dozen Romani people protest in Sokolov, Czech Republic over the attack by football hooligans on local Roma
- Stanislav Tomáš, who died in police custody, laid to rest in Teplice, Czech Republic. Civil society and his family call for his death to be properly investigated
- Czech MP alleges during parliamentary debate on welfare bill that incest is part of Romani culture, open racism on the floor of the lower house
- Slovak Govt Plenipotentiary for the Roma Community says biased media coverage of animal abuse could spark anti-Romani hatred
- Two brothers of Radek Banga object to his remarks about Roma in Czech media interview and his portrayal of their family in his book
- David Tišer tells Romani actor he has given Czech society a product full of stereotypes - and no explanation why
- Jarmila Balážová: What does the stormy debate in the Czech Republic about the TV series featuring Romani performers show us?