Miss Czech Republic, who is Romani, wins title of "Miss Elegance" and is now in the top 15 of the Miss Globe 2020 beauty competition
Romani community member Nikola Kokyová has achieved success in the Miss Globe 2020 beauty competition. The 21-year-old native of Kolín made it into the top 15 and was given the title of "Miss Elegance".
After winning the title of Miss Czech Republic 2019, this is yet another beauty contest success for Kokyová. "When I applied to the national beauty competition for Miss Czech Republic one year ago, without any experience in modeling, it never occurred to me I would win the contest and then, a year later, have success abroad as well. I am immeasurably grateful to have received the opportunity to travel to Albania to the Miss Globe beauty competition and represent our beautiful country there," she posted to social media after her evening of success.
"I would like to thank you all for your support and your beautiful congratulations, which I very much appreciate. This experience has given me much more than just this beautiful title. Once again I have gone beyond my own expectations and moved forward," she posted to her followers.
This year's Miss Globe contest was held in Albania and was attended by 42 contestants from all over the world. Kokyová made it into the top 15, brought home the "Miss Elegance" title, and got more experience that will decidedly aid her with her future career.
"Throughout the competition I did my best to represent our nation, our culture and customs with great responsibility, humility, honor and love. I thank you all for your immeasurable support, energy and the strength you have given me. I really appreciate each one of you," she told her followers.
"Go ahead, want to accomplish the impossible, go for it. Work on yourself, believe in your dreams and mainly in yourself. I am sending love and energy to you all," she closed her message to her social media fans.
- Young Roma in the Czech Republic call on community to protect themselves from COVID-19 and not believe everything they read online
- Romani community member becomes Miss Czech Republic
- Romani finalist one of several to withdraw from Miss Czech Republic competition
- Former Miss Roma Mirka Pikolová one of 14 Miss Czech Republic finalists
- US Professor Ian Hancock on the Miss Roma competition: Romani girls do not need to sell their beauty
- Commentary: The Miss Roma competition does more harm than good
- Miss Roma International 2007
- IRWN protest against Miss Roma International competition
- Romani scholarship recipient plans to work on AI at Czech university
- Brooke Pavek, an American with Romani roots, has more than 700 000 social media followers
- Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic defeats competitor after 90 seconds
- Czech parliamentary committee overwhelmingly supports bill to compensate forcibly sterilized women
- Czech census official tells ROMEA TV all identifying information will be removed from census forms to guarantee anonymity
- Romani kickboxer wins quarter-final of cage match on Czech-Slovak OKTAGON MMA show, withdraws after injury
- Memory of the Roma: Mária Lendelová speaks about her life
- Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic keeps winning with "Gitano" on his back and the Romani flag on his shorts
- Romani kickboxer becomes Czech champion in classical boxing as well, will the big promoters notice?
- More than one Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic wins events in the WAKO K-1 WORLD GRAND PRIX 2020
- Romani film festival in Berlin gives special recognition to film about removing pig farm from WWII-era concentration camp site in Czech Republic
- Romani girl runner in Slovakia scores another regional victory