Polish Greens protest French Roma expulsions
A dozen or so people staged a picket in front of the French Embassy in Warsaw, Thursday, against the forced expulsions of Roma from France.
As President Komorowski was in Paris for a meeting with President Sarkozy, the protest was organized by Zieloni or Greens 2004. Its leader, Agnieszka Grzybek describes the French policy vis a vis Roma as xenophobic and based on racial prejudice.
SPECIAL: The Situation in France
- EU Fundamental Rights Agency and OSCE say governments must deliver aid to Roma affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- Zeljko Jovanovic: The New Roma Politics of Self-Determination and Unity
- LIVE BROADCAST NOW! EU Anti-Racism Summit
- EU Commission: States have to show improvement for Roma if they expect to draw funding
- EU Commissioner for Values: EU money is meant to help the Roma too, data collection is important so we aren't flying blind
- Czech Govt to divert billions of crowns from the EU away from social services even as COVID-19 increases demand for debt counseling
- In the V-4, COVID-19 pandemic exploited for ultra-right hoaxes, calls for authoritarianism
- Czech Republic: Further action needed to integrate Roma children in schools and prevent discrimination against LGBTI persons
- Bulgaria: Scandal over EU-financed training to detect alleged "radicalization" of Roma, activists say money was used to boost anti-Romani sentiment
- European Roma Rights Centre reports on human rights violations against Romani people during the pandemic this spring
- Analysis: European populists lose their charm to scandals, trials and unpaid debts
- Zeljko Jovanovic: European leaders' silence over Orban's anti-Roma rhetoric shames the EU