Slovakia: New Plenipotentiary for Roma to be Andrea Bučková
The TASR wire service reports that as of tomorrow, the new Plenipotentiary of the Government of the Slovak Republic for Romani Communities should become former departmental director at the Office of the Plenipotentiary, Andrea Bučková. The proposal to appoint her is included among the unclassified materials for the cabinet session.
Bučková previously worked for the Office of the Plenipotentiary when it was led by Peter Pollák, who is now an MEP and an expert on Romani issues with the governing OĽaNO party. From October 2012 to July 2016 she worked for that office as director of the Department of Development Projects, Monitoring and Evaluation.
Prior to that she worked for the office between 2004 and 2008 under Plenipotentiaries Klára Orgovánová and Anita Botošová. At that time she was a regional coordinator and later director of the Department of Methodology and Regional Coordination for the Office of the Plenipotentiary.
Bučková has also worked in Slovakia for the Labor Office, the Ministry of Social Affairs and the Family, and for the Fund for Social Development, and has been working most recently at the Slovak Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and the Family as the guarantor of the horizontal principles of equal opportunity, gender equality and non-discrimination. She will be the eighth Slovak Government Plenipotentiary for Romani Communities, replacing Ábel Ravasz (Most-Híd), who has led the office since April 2016.
- Slovak Govt Plenipotentiary for Romani Communities tells PM to either fire him or let him do his job
- NGOs call on new Slovak Government to end the segregation of Romani children in education
- Slovak Romani settlement quarantined after resident returns from England
- Slovakia to have a new Plenipotentiary for Roma, MEP wants it to be a Romani person
- Jan Horvát: Czech and Slovak Govts must immediately combat COVID-19 in excluded localities
- MEP Peter Pollák joins Slovak Permanent Crisis Team to address COVID-19 in Romani localities
- Slovak NGOs demand crisis plan from Govt to prevent COVID-19 pandemic in Romani communities, ombudswoman supports them
- Irena Biháriová on developments in Slovakia: Who is really being ostracized?
- Czech and Slovak extremists do their best to profit from the COVID-19 pandemic, attacking the EU and public broadcast media
- Slovak Plenipotentiary for Roma says Govt decision not to deliver benefits to Romani settlements is inhumane
- Coronavirus pandemic can make conditions in the Romani settlements of Slovakia deadly, protective gear slow to reach those who need it
- Romani activist will seek to become chair of Progressive Slovakia party
- Slovakia: Romani girl who ran her first race in flats now national silver medalist
- Analysis: Slovak elections a Pyrrhic victory despite number of Roma elected
- Slovak elections: Opposition OLaNO wins, no growth in votes for fascist party
- Newly-elected Slovak MP Jarmila Vaňová: I thank Romani voters for coming out and demanding change
- Three Romani candidates now legislators after Slovak election: Ján Herák, Peter Pollák Jr. and Jarmila Vaňová
- Video footage surfaces of Slovak politician bragging about throwing Romani people into a river when he was younger
- Czech court gives suspended sentence to attacker who threatened to kill Romani women and their children with an ax
- Radek Bangas new book alleges he was abused as a child, his twin brother remembers things differently
- Slovak public broadcasting continuing children's television program in Romanes and Slovak
- Czech court orders director of housing corporation to apologize to Romani community member for abusive remarks
- EU Fundamental Rights Agency and OSCE say governments must deliver aid to Roma affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- Jarmila Balážová: What does the stormy debate in the Czech Republic about the TV series featuring Romani performers show us?
- Vojtěch Lavička: Czech TV show featuring Romani guys in drag is low "humor" of the fifth-rate category
- MEP Peter Pollák on World Roma Day: Mere declarations of willingness to solve problems not enough, it's time for results
- Czech ecumenical service sends wishes of good fortune and good health to Romani people on their day
- Zeljko Jovanovic: The New Roma Politics of Self-Determination and Unity
- Czech and Slovak youth have different attitudes toward minorities - Czechs are more LGBT-tolerant, Slovaks more tolerant of immigrants or Muslims
- Czech actress accused by fellow Instagrammers of racism for her comments about Black people on an American beach