Anarchists open exhibition on neo-Nazi victims in Czech town
Anarchists from the Anti-fascist Action (AFA) and students prepared an exhibition on the victims of neo-Nazism after the fall of the country's communist regime, a guide from the Vysocina Museum that houses the exhibition told CTK today.
The exhibition commemorating racially motivated murders committed in the Czech Republic was unofficially opened on Friday. It will last until March 30.
It was already shown in the Lidice Memorial, central Bohemia, Lidice is a village raised to the ground by the Nazis in 1942.
The main message of the exhibition is the warning that neo-Nazis are not just a marginal group of youths admiring Nazi symbols, but a real threat to the whole society.
The exhibition's authors say the neo-Nazi movement tries to pretend to be a legitimate political power, but in reality its members do not hesitate to use violence against anybody whom they dislike.
AFA wants to fight against all authoritarian ideologies and group seeking any form of oppression, mainly ne-Nazis and far-right movements.
- Czech court hands down seven suspended sentences against members of neo-Nazi group after trial that lasted 11 years
- Czech Supreme Court upholds sentence for hate posted about non-white first-graders: Not a joke, but the promotion of Nazism
- Czech Pirates sharply criticize bill to toughen welfare eligibility, delaying a vote
- Czech court sentences brutal, racially-motivated assailant who attacked Romani man in front of children to 7.5 years in prison
- Germany: Trial begins of 12 suspected members of ultra-right terrorist group
- Czech MP publishes collage comparing vaccinations against COVID-19 to the Holocaust and using imagery of the gate at Auschwitz
- Scandalous fourth acquittal by Czech court of racist football fans accused of assaulting Black man on tram
- Czech ultra-right oppose vaccinations against COVID-19 with antisemitic caricature
- Racists in Czech capital assault non-white family, call the father "Cikán", give the Nazi salute, try to take their baby
- Czechs to protest COVID-19 measures on national holiday tomorrow - including neo-Nazis reviving antisemitic tropes
- Ten years on from neo-Nazi arson conviction, Czech attorney warns it could happen again
- Conspiracy theorists, disinformation followers and football hooligans to protest Czech Govt COVID-19 measures tomorrow in Prague