Czech documentary about Romani footballers premiered yesterday in Prague
After the unanticipated cancellation of the premiere of the documentary film "FC ROMA" at the stadium of the Bohemians Praha 1905 football club earlier this week, the film was screened at a different location yesterday evening. The Containall arts and entertainment space in Prague's Lesser Quarter agreed to be the venue.
The film by Rozálie Kohoutová and Tomáš Bojar was prevented from being screened at the stadium by the Bohemians Praha 1905 Fan Club, who justified their proposal by saying it would constitute a "serious security threat" because factions of fans who do not share the same politics would clash during the event. The Fan Club has agreed with its members to thoroughly eliminate any "political" topics from their events.
The filmmakers unequivocally reject the idea that their documentary is political in nature and allege that it is the complications regarding its premiere, caused by the football club fans, that have politicized it. Together with the HateFree Culture campaign, the film's distribution partner, the filmmakers have expressed the view that nobody should back down in the face of such pressure.
The film investgates the issue of race through the eyes of a football club competing in a district championship that is predominantly comprised of Romani players. It was screened this summer at the Karlovy Vary Film Festival before its official premiere.
That premiere was held yesterday at 20:00. The capacity of the venue was smaller than that of the stadium, but organizers said they "welcome fans of film and sport irrespective of race, religion, or which football team they support".
- Czech football club backed down to racists within its own fan base over documentary screening
- Czech football club cancels screening of documentary about Romani footballers after fans threaten violence
- Czech Republic: Romani football trainer keeps children in the ghettos away from drugs
- Goal of his career! Romani footballer Ricardo Quaresma sends Portugal to EURO 2016 quarterfinals
- Highest-paid Hungarian footballer of all time is Romani
- Hungary: Football hooligans assault and injure refugees at Budapest train station
- Czech football fans hang up Islamophobic banner during match, team later apologizes
- Commentary: Football still trumps immigration demonstrations for the Czech public
- Czech football hooligans attack Romani youth, Roma plan to demonstrate
- Czech Republic: Romani footballers play embassy employees
- Czech Republic: Embassy employees invite rejected Romani footballers to protest match
- BBC: England team's first Romany footballer 'deserves recognition'
- HATTRICK: Famous Romani footballers
- Greek footballer banned for life from national team after Nazi salute
- Czech fans spread rumors about Romani football subsidy
- British football fan does prison time, gets lifetime ban for racism
- Czech football team models clothing brand with neo-Nazi associations
- Germany: Neo-Nazis plan brawl for tomorrow's football finals in Munich
- Czech police officer who brutally assaulted Romani workers now on trial
- Former Czech Human Rights Minister says the entire country should campaign against denial of Romani genocide
- Patrik Banga: How can people in the Czech Republic write about reviving the concentration camps?
- Czech football fans who assaulted African man on Prague tram have not been banned from matches
- Czech citizens file crime report over MP's remarks denying the suffering of Romani genocide victims
- New Zealand grants asylum to family from Czech Republic with non-Romani and Romani members because of neo-Nazi death threats
- Germany: Romani-inhabited building struck by arson, media strangely quiet
- Czech attorney: Justice for online hate has been won in a case of racist assaults against two Romani brothers
- Czech pro-Kremlin disinformation Facebook page sparks wave of racist, vulgar comments about non-white infant
- Greek court sentences woman who kicked Romani girl on the street to three months in prison
- Czech lower house approves budget, SPD did not succeed to reduce financing for Romani integration
- Denmark: Immigrant and ex-MP visits those who post hateful commentaries and threats online
Tags:documentary film, Film, Fotbal, Racism
Outgoing Czech PM backs MP who doubted Romani Holocaust, says he has apologized and his words have been "misinterpreted"7.2.2018 16:32
concentration camp at Lety u Písku, a site of the genocide of the Roma during the Second World War. When asked today whether he supports removing Okamura from his post as vice-chair of the lower house, as the Christian Democrats propose, the PM said he considers Okamura's apology to have been sufficient.
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.