Czech Police: According to court-ordered autopsy, death of young Romani man unconnected to police intervention
According to a new statement from the Czech Police, the death of a young Romani man in Teplice on Saturday is not connected to the police intervention against him. Police have issued this statement on the basis of the preliminary results of the court-ordered autopsy.
"The court-ordered autopsy of the deceased has ruled out a connection with the intervention that preceded the arrest of the suspect. According to the preliminary autopsy report, the man was suspected of having ingested a foreign substance such as amphetamines, and during the autopsy, pathological changes in the coronary arteries of the heart were found," said police spokesman Daniel Vítek.
- Czech Police statement on their kneeling intervention: Internal Affairs is investigating, autopsy will determine cause of death, the man collapsed in the ambulance
- Romani man dies after Czech Police kneel on his neck, they say drugs caused his death. Romani activists see parallels to George Floyd
- As US protests continue against police murder, ROMEA recalls 2016 case of Romani man who died in police custody under circumstances like George Floyd
- Stanislava Ondová: The Czech courts use a double standard for non-Roma and Roma, I may emigrate
- Czech Police arrest purveyors of disinformation who hatefully threatened refugees from Ukraine, court remands them into custody
- Czech Police find 65 cases of criminal approval of Russian aggression against Ukraine, charges filed in 30 cases so far
- Children's conflict in Czech town grows into argument between refugee family from Ukraine and a small group of Romani people, police and medical responders called to the scene
- Romania: 37-year-old Roma man alleges police brutality, European Court of Human Rights has found the state liable for more than 20 such violations since 2015
- Slovakia to compensate Romani victims of police brutality after nine years of judicial procedures
- Image of a Romani woman allegedly beaten up by Ukrainians is going viral, Czech police say they are investigating a reported robbery
- Civil society members of the Czech Govt Roma Council after meeting with PM: We submitted our proposals for solutions to the Romani refugee crisis already in March
- Czech civic organization Konexe celebrates 10th anniversary and Roma Resistance Day in Prague with discussion about Romani refugees from Ukraine
- Czech Republic's second city sees Romani refugees from Ukraine sleeping in train station after refusing detention center accommodation
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights: Police ignored whether the man they restrained was even alive, ambulance called too late
- Czech Police charge bodybuilder for praising Russia's invasion of Ukraine and expressing desire for a war in which he could kill anybody
- Czech Police investigate bodybuilder who made death threats against Roma for looking forward to "war in the Czech Republic"