Czech Republic: Activist Václav Zástěra has passed away
Activist Václav Zástěra passed away yesterday after a difficult illness.
As part of the Roma Vidnava association, Zástěra dedicated himself, among other matters, to aiding the Romani tenants who were forcibly relocated by then-Mayor of Vsetín Jiří Čunek to live in substandard conditions throughout the Jeseníky district in 2006.
Mi del o Del tumenge loki phuv!
- Czech Agency for Social Inclusion accuses paper of anti-Romani campaign
- Help Romea.cz win support from Vodafone
- Czech Republic and "gypsies" - 1938 vs. 2012
- Czech Republic: Equal Opportunities Party to protest local-level anti-Romani moves
- Czech mayor: Romani people face lynching unless rape suspect taken into custody
- Czech municipality gets tough on Ostrava ghetto residents again
- Czech Republic: Proud Romani students in IT, medicine, and natural sciences
- Prosecutor: Czechs started last year's brawl with Romani people in Rumburk
- Roma Pride 2012 marches through the center of Prague
- Czech Republic: 70 ultra-rightists march on Romani neighborhood
- Czech Republic: Project commemorates postwar Romani labor
- European experts compare experiences working in socially excluded localities