Czech Republic: Commemoration of Romani partisan will plant tree in his honor
A Romani hero of the Czechoslovak resistance during WWII, the partisan Josef Serinek, will be commemorated by an assembly at the end of this month. The event is being organized by the Black Partisan initiative (Černý partyzán), led by former Green Party chair Ondřej Liška, who is currently the country director in the Czech Republic of the Ashoka organization.
The assembly will take place on 30 July 2017 at 14:30 above the village of Spělkov (Vysočina Region), not far from the place where Serinek first found safe haven while engaged in the partisan struggle. Those attending will plant a tree together, which organizers say they want to "commemorate this essential figure of the antifascist resistance and former prisoner of the concentration camp for Romani people at Lety, and to commemorate the men and women of his group and the brave local inhabitants who supported them and worked together with them."
The tree planting is part of an initiative attempting to create a network of trails commemorating the fates and connecting the places linked with Serinek's work, that of resistance groups in general, and their supporters in that region. The next phase of the project will aim to make a map of the entire memorial hiking trail available at www.partyzanskastezka.cz.
- Director of the Institute of the Terezín Initiative says story of Czechoslovak Romani partisan could raise awareness of Roma Holocaust
- Three-volume biography of Czechoslovak Romani partisan, decades in the making, has been published
- Romani heroes: The "Black" Partisan, Josef Serinek
- The state is “inadaptable”, not the children
- Week-long education event at Terezín also honors genocide of Roma with concert and flag
- Třebíč, Czech Republic commemorates anniversary of Holocaust transports from there
- VIDEO: Interview with grandson of the Czechoslovak Romani partisan Josef Serinek
- International Roma flag to fly on buildings throughout Czech Republic tomorrow for Roma Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Czech Republic: Memorial tree planted to honor the Czechoslovak Romani "Black Partisan", Josef Serinek
- Czech town's "Multicolored Festival" will feature Romani rapper from Slovakia
- "Journey to the Past" will mark Roma Genocide Remembrance Day at Auschwitz this August
- Czech Cardinal on International Romani Day: We are all members of the same Christian family
- DEADLINE TOMORROW: KHAMORO World Roma Festival to train Romani youth in festival production
- Researcher seeks US veterans and others with information about Romani WWII veteran from Czechoslovakia
- Civil March for Aleppo crosses into the Czech Republic
- How you can aid the people trapped in Aleppo, Syria
Tags:action, Hrdina, Josef Serinek, Válka
Civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council call on public broadcaster to hold a real debate about Romani issues16.10.2018 10:58
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.