Czech Republic: KHAMORO Festival starts in eight days, launches video ad
The biggest Romani festival in the world, KHAMORO, has launched its video advertisement this year, which features shots of the atmosphere of the event from previous years. Festival producer Džemil Silajdžić curates its musical selections.
The 20-second video ad will be broadcast on Czech Television's ČT1 channel until 2 June. The video spot can also be seen online on YouTube.
This year's festival will take place at the end of May and continue through the start of June, offering, as usual, a mixture of genres performed by the best interpreters of Romani music in the world. The festival features a rich side program, including the much-loved performers' parade in the center of Prague, the children's day, exhibitions, workshops and sports matches.
- 19th annual KHAMORO festival in Prague: Conferences, exhibitions, football - and music
- DEADLINE TOMORROW: KHAMORO World Roma Festival to train Romani youth in festival production
- KHAMORO 2016 in its 18th year - concerts, exhibitions, seminars, theater and much more
- KHAMORO: Annual parade of Romani performers marches through the center of Prague
- Austria: Wiener Symphoniker names Dalibor Karvay its new first concertmaster
- Romani rapper Alex Dzurko's new video criticizes "Facebook warriors" and racists, laments social divisions
- International Romani Language Day celebrated with readings in six Czech cities
- Czech Republic: Roma Pride 2019 broadcast live online by ROMEA TV
- KHAMORO World Roma Festival and Prague Spring classical music festival given the EFFE Label
- Hollywood Reporter says "The Painted Bird", starring a Romani child actor, is among the 20 best films this year
- Czech film of "The Painted Bird" features Romani child actor in the main role
- ROMEA TV: Czech Republic's Gipsy Brothers band reminisces about 16 years of friendship
- Romani musician Jan Surmaj has passed away in the Czech Republic
- "Romani Army" by Berlin-based Maxim Gorki Theater Company gets standing ovation at Czech festival
- EEA and Norway Grants will support building of memorial to Romani victims of the Holocaust at former concentration camp site
- LIVE BROADCAST TONIGHT: Final Gala Concert of the Khamoro Festival