Czech Republic: "Middle class" Roma share photos on Facebook of themselves casting ballots in lower house election
Photographs of Romani people casting votes during this year's elections to the Chamber of Deputies of the Parliament of the Czech Republic flooded Facebook on Friday and Saturday. Some photographs were shared publicly, others just with friends, and those posting urged other Romani people to go to the polls.
The "Romani middle class" did apparently turn out for the elections, unlike Romani people living in socially excluded localities. News server Romea.cz reported yesterday that voter turnout at the mostly Romani-inhabited Chanov housing estate, for example, was 4.41 %, while in the Předlice quarter it was 7.91 % and ranged between 20 and 25 % in other such localities.
- Czech MP, embittered by his party's loss, curses news server Romea.cz and Roma in general
- Czech Republic: Low turnout in socially excluded localities, but ANO, Communists and Okamura scored there
- Romani candidates not seated in Czech lower house, Beňák and Tišer got the most preferential votes
- Czech Republic: Protesters shout "Nazis Go Home" in front of Okamura's campaign office
- Six Romani men, one Romani woman running for the Czech lower house
- Alena Gronzíková: Romale, don't be lazy, vote! Otherwise Okamura will govern us!
- Czech local elections see at least 150 Romani men and women running
- Czech local election campaign slogan: "Poison alone is not strong enough for these pests" - meaning Romani people
- Tomáš Ščuka: We may disagree with him, but Romani candidate for extremist party is entitled to his opinions
- Tomáš Ščuka: Romani people need competent representation first and foremost, not Romani representation at all costs
- Amateur photo contest won with images of Romani people sparks hateful reactions on Czech internet
- Independent Romani candidate collecting signatures to run for Czech Senate
- Martina Horváthová on building a network of Romani feminists in the Czech Republic
- Slovak court convicts Romani victims of police raid for making allegedly false accusations of brutality
- Irena Biháriová: Comprehending the matrix of a Romani settlement in Slovakia is not easy
- Czech historian reminds public that cruel abuse was perpetrated at concentration camp for Roma in Moravia
- Czech Police officer explains why he donated to Romani Scholarships
- Czech experts point to association between indebtedness and extremist voting patterns
Tags:fotografie, Romani people, Volby, volební lístky
videoRacists and populists will not stop us! ROMEA launches crowdfunding campaign to support news server Romea.cz11.9.2018 7:54
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.