Czech Republic: ROMEA journalist interviewed by Radio Wave about death of young Romani man
The death of a young man last week was the culmination of a conflict between customers at a pizzeria in the Czech town of Žatec which local police officers intervened in. Romea.cz reporter Jitka Votavová has recapitulated what is known about the case in an interview for Radio Wave.
News server Romea.cz was the only media organization to focus in-depth on describing the tragic incident. Several activists in the Czech Republic are warning that this may have been a case with racist motivation.
Police do not want to make a statement about the case yet given that the investigation is ongoing. The audio of Ms Votavová's case (in Czech only) can be accessed here.
- Twelve assemblies announced internationally to mourn the death of young Romani man in Czech Republic
- Patrik Banga: We Roma must not lower ourselves to the racists' level! Racism and threats are what we criticize
- Czech Police in Ústecký Region seek eyewitnesses in the case of the Romani man who died in Žatec
- Former Czech Human Rights Minister Michael Kocáb calls on Gejza Horváth to attend the Roma Spirit ceremony
- Romani film festival in Berlin gives special recognition to film about removing pig farm from WWII-era concentration camp site in Czech Republic
- Antigypsyism and antisemitism rooted in European culture for centuries, experts discuss the causes of online hate
- Civil society: The Czech state is not fully implementing its Roma integration policy
- LIVE ONLINE BROADCAST 13:00 CET: Ceremonial awarding of certificates for ROMEA's scholarship program
- UN budget cuts endanger human rights monitoring - deadline to join NGO letter is TOMORROW 26 MAY
- ROMEA TV nominated for prestigious Journalism Award in Czech Republic for 2018
- HOAX: Romani actor allegedly "forbidden" by NGO to use the word "gypsy"
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT 11 CET: Ceremonial awarding of scholarships for Romani secondary school students
- ROMEA: Czech President has manipulated facts yet again - we can prove 70 % of Romani people in this country work
- First-graders from Czech school subjected to racist attacks online receive tablets thanks to ROMEA's fundraising drive
- Jana Hejkrlíková, Romani doctoral candidate: We must see each other as fellow human beings
- Czech trial of last year's murder of a Romani man in Chomutov, defendant claims he was trying to protect people