Czech Republic: Television station issues statement about interview with refugee that sparked online hatred
The TV Prima television station in the Czech Republic has issued a statement about an interview broadcast on 11 February with a refugee in which the interpretation of what the refugee said was inaccurate. News server Romea.cz is providing the statement here in full translation.
Statement of TV Prima
In connection with the reportage broadcast on 11 February 2016 during FTV Prima's main news program, about a family of Christian refugees from Iraq, we would like to state the following: The report presented relevant, truthful information supported by the interpretation services of a court-registered interpreter of Arabic, Ing. Naziha Albahri. It is not appropriate for us to comment on the response of the Generation 21 foundation to the reportage.
As far as the accusations made by the foundation against Bohumil Roub, who is an external reporter for TV Prima, about his influence on the reportage, Mr Roub's statement is as follows: "Immediate after we recorded the material the representatives of the Multicultural Center and the foundation New [sic] Generation 21 began pressuring us not to broadcast the reportage on the topic of the inconvenient accommodation. My colleague, cameraman Roman Svoboda, responded that if we were to keep it quiet we wouldn't have a job, and I simply confirmed that."
Jitka Obzinová, News Director, FTV Prima
- Czech Republic: Manipulative television report sparks hatred against Christian refugees from Iraq
- Arson attack Saturday after Prague demonstrations for and against refugee reception
- Czech Justice Minister wants judge whose writing insults gays, refugees and Roma to resign
- Questions and answers about the 2015 migration crisis: 894 000 refugees and a divided EU
- Czech Police intervene against 1 000 extremists protesting refugee reception on state holiday marking November 1939 and 1989
- Czech Republic: European ambassadors tour criticized refugee detention facility
- Czech Republic: Hidden camera captures reactions to a refugee family from Syria
- Czech Christian Democrats strip local councilor of party membership over his racist remarks about refugees
- Czech media regulator says Prima TV incites fear of Roma, station disagrees
- Czech President alleges most immigrants are uneducated, but German statistics show otherwise
- Czech disinformation outlet misinforms readers that a refugee camp "like Calais" is growing in Prague
- Germany: More than 3 000 attacks on refugees in 2016
- PHOTO GALLERY: Refugees living in abandoned warehouses in Belgrade, Serbia
- Czech tabloid uses old video from French taxi drivers' protest, claims it is of current protests by immigrants
- Demonstration in Barcelona calls on Spanish state to receive more refugees
- Slovak Regional Governor spreads rumors about attempted rape on a train, police refute them
- Czech Republic: Govt Ethics Commission finds Hate Free project manager did not commit unethical behavior
- Son of former Czech President disseminates photo online with misleading Islamophobic commentary
- Czech Republic: Non-Romani men fighting "about a girl" misreported by media as neo-Nazi brawl with Roma
- Czech court overturns acquittal in radical Islamic book distribution case
- Slovakia: Black model in ad sparks racist commentary
Tags:Hoax, manipulace, Nenávist, refugee
Jana Šedivcová: Are all Czech children cat killers and all Romani children flamingo killers? Collective blame is unacceptable17.3.2017 15:03
Patrik Banga: I'm for collecting ethnic data in all areas, but the majority can't tell who is Romani17.3.2017 10:17
discussion about whether estimating the numbers of Romani people should even happen and if so, what the appropriate method is to use.
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.