Czech Republic: Television station issues statement about interview with refugee that sparked online hatred
The TV Prima television station in the Czech Republic has issued a statement about an interview broadcast on 11 February with a refugee in which the interpretation of what the refugee said was inaccurate. News server Romea.cz is providing the statement here in full translation.
Statement of TV Prima
In connection with the reportage broadcast on 11 February 2016 during FTV Prima's main news program, about a family of Christian refugees from Iraq, we would like to state the following: The report presented relevant, truthful information supported by the interpretation services of a court-registered interpreter of Arabic, Ing. Naziha Albahri. It is not appropriate for us to comment on the response of the Generation 21 foundation to the reportage.
As far as the accusations made by the foundation against Bohumil Roub, who is an external reporter for TV Prima, about his influence on the reportage, Mr Roub's statement is as follows: "Immediate after we recorded the material the representatives of the Multicultural Center and the foundation New [sic] Generation 21 began pressuring us not to broadcast the reportage on the topic of the inconvenient accommodation. My colleague, cameraman Roman Svoboda, responded that if we were to keep it quiet we wouldn't have a job, and I simply confirmed that."
Jitka Obzinová, News Director, FTV Prima
- Czech Republic: Manipulative television report sparks hatred against Christian refugees from Iraq
- Arson attack Saturday after Prague demonstrations for and against refugee reception
- Czech Justice Minister wants judge whose writing insults gays, refugees and Roma to resign
- Questions and answers about the 2015 migration crisis: 894 000 refugees and a divided EU
- Czech Police intervene against 1 000 extremists protesting refugee reception on state holiday marking November 1939 and 1989
- Czech Republic: European ambassadors tour criticized refugee detention facility
- Czech Republic: Hidden camera captures reactions to a refugee family from Syria
- Czech Christian Democrats strip local councilor of party membership over his racist remarks about refugees
- Czech media regulator says Prima TV incites fear of Roma, station disagrees
- The online hoax phenomenon and how to address it
- Record high number of 65.3 million people were forcibly displaced last year worldwide
- UNICEF: Unaccompanied minors increasing among refugees
- Czech-language internet users, Roma included, fall for debunked hoax about mass wedding of adults and children
- Austria: Ultra-right extremists assault university rector during lecture
- Czech Republic: Another TV Prima insider comes forward, says producers want "only negative voices" from interviews on refugees
- Czech broadcast regulator: Prima TV news creates a negative image of migration
- Czech Republic: Anti-refugee hoax online after gas station attendants mistake Roma from Slovakia for "refugees"
- Austria: Arsonists set future asylum-seeker shelter on fire
- Czech Republic: TV Prima defends its anti-refugee newscasts by referring to a non-existent broadcast regulator "decision"
- Czech Republic: TV Prima managers caught on tape telling reporters to "obey orders" about how to report on refugees
- Soraya Post: Roma deportations increasing due to Syrian refugee crisis
Tags:Hoax, manipulace, Nenávist, refugee
previous obstacles posed by space and time. The demand for open communications and the concurrent flood of information, however, increasingly require us to be able to
think critically and verify the information we receive.
Czech mayor rejects ombudsperson's proposal on how to end discrimination of Romani children in local school28.6.2016 19:19
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.