Czech Republic: Television station issues statement about interview with refugee that sparked online hatred
The TV Prima television station in the Czech Republic has issued a statement about an interview broadcast on 11 February with a refugee in which the interpretation of what the refugee said was inaccurate. News server Romea.cz is providing the statement here in full translation.
Statement of TV Prima
In connection with the reportage broadcast on 11 February 2016 during FTV Prima's main news program, about a family of Christian refugees from Iraq, we would like to state the following: The report presented relevant, truthful information supported by the interpretation services of a court-registered interpreter of Arabic, Ing. Naziha Albahri. It is not appropriate for us to comment on the response of the Generation 21 foundation to the reportage.
As far as the accusations made by the foundation against Bohumil Roub, who is an external reporter for TV Prima, about his influence on the reportage, Mr Roub's statement is as follows: "Immediate after we recorded the material the representatives of the Multicultural Center and the foundation New [sic] Generation 21 began pressuring us not to broadcast the reportage on the topic of the inconvenient accommodation. My colleague, cameraman Roman Svoboda, responded that if we were to keep it quiet we wouldn't have a job, and I simply confirmed that."
Jitka Obzinová, News Director, FTV Prima
- Czech Republic: Manipulative television report sparks hatred against Christian refugees from Iraq
- Arson attack Saturday after Prague demonstrations for and against refugee reception
- Czech Justice Minister wants judge whose writing insults gays, refugees and Roma to resign
- Questions and answers about the 2015 migration crisis: 894 000 refugees and a divided EU
- Czech Police intervene against 1 000 extremists protesting refugee reception on state holiday marking November 1939 and 1989
- Czech Republic: European ambassadors tour criticized refugee detention facility
- Czech Republic: Hidden camera captures reactions to a refugee family from Syria
- Czech Christian Democrats strip local councilor of party membership over his racist remarks about refugees
- Czech media regulator says Prima TV incites fear of Roma, station disagrees
- Romani singer received thousands of hateful verbal assaults, Czech Police charging two people
- Czech Republic has one month to explain its refusal to redistribute refugees to European Commission
- Tensions rising between Austria and Italy over migrants
- Czech online tabloids recycling long-debunked antigypsyist hoaxes alleging Roma get free transportation, washing machines
- Czech tabloid apologizes for fake news report claiming video from Chile was from Ostrava
- Czech tabloid fraudulently tells readers CCTV footage of theft in Chile was from Ostrava - antigypsyism is the response
- Miloš Zeman circa 1998: CZK 600 million to build a memorial instead of a pig farm is "negligible amount"
- Christian Democrat chair says Czech Republic should have taken in 10 refugees more to avoid European Commission censure
- Czech Gov't says it will not receive any more migrants on basis of EU quotas
- Czech Republic: Yet another hoax hits senior citizens' inboxes, police need complaints to take action
- Czech court decides it was unconstitutional for family from Kosovo to be detained in Bělá-Jezová deportation facility
- German neo-Nazi in Army allegedly planned terrorist attack, fraudulently registered as refugee
Tags:Hoax, manipulace, Nenávist, refugee
Saturday's incident during which a man drove a car into a crowd of people in Charlottesville, Virginia is being investigated by the FBI. Unrest broke out in the town
that was provoked by two assemblies by white extremists there beginning Friday.
videoUnique Czechoslovak film from 1960 about the concentration camp for Roma at Lety screening on Romea.cz13.8.2017 20:05
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.