Czech Republic: Television station issues statement about interview with refugee that sparked online hatred
The TV Prima television station in the Czech Republic has issued a statement about an interview broadcast on 11 February with a refugee in which the interpretation of what the refugee said was inaccurate. News server Romea.cz is providing the statement here in full translation.
Statement of TV Prima
In connection with the reportage broadcast on 11 February 2016 during FTV Prima's main news program, about a family of Christian refugees from Iraq, we would like to state the following: The report presented relevant, truthful information supported by the interpretation services of a court-registered interpreter of Arabic, Ing. Naziha Albahri. It is not appropriate for us to comment on the response of the Generation 21 foundation to the reportage.
As far as the accusations made by the foundation against Bohumil Roub, who is an external reporter for TV Prima, about his influence on the reportage, Mr Roub's statement is as follows: "Immediate after we recorded the material the representatives of the Multicultural Center and the foundation New [sic] Generation 21 began pressuring us not to broadcast the reportage on the topic of the inconvenient accommodation. My colleague, cameraman Roman Svoboda, responded that if we were to keep it quiet we wouldn't have a job, and I simply confirmed that."
Jitka Obzinová, News Director, FTV Prima
- Czech Republic: Manipulative television report sparks hatred against Christian refugees from Iraq
- Arson attack Saturday after Prague demonstrations for and against refugee reception
- Czech Justice Minister wants judge whose writing insults gays, refugees and Roma to resign
- Questions and answers about the 2015 migration crisis: 894 000 refugees and a divided EU
- Czech Police intervene against 1 000 extremists protesting refugee reception on state holiday marking November 1939 and 1989
- Czech Republic: European ambassadors tour criticized refugee detention facility
- Czech Republic: Hidden camera captures reactions to a refugee family from Syria
- Czech Christian Democrats strip local councilor of party membership over his racist remarks about refugees
- Czech media regulator says Prima TV incites fear of Roma, station disagrees
- Live online press conference 11 AM TODAY: Czech school targeted by racists hosts fundraisers from "THEY WANT TO GAS THEM, WE WANT TO SEND THEM TO SCHOOL!"
- Czech Police investigating three suspects over death threats against first-graders
- New Zealand grants asylum to family from Czech Republic with non-Romani and Romani members because of neo-Nazi death threats
- Czech Parliament marks International Holocaust Memorial Day with Romani speaker
- Analysis: A propaganda war needs angry, defiant, disgusted, nerve-wracked people - and the Czech Republic qualifies
- Czech Green Party co-chair wants Interior Ministry to dissolve the "Freedom and Direct Democracy" Movement
- Czech MP wants to close nonprofits, Romani psychology student diagnoses him
- Czech "November Challenge" against racism and xenophobia responds to online racist death threats against children and more
- Czech online media spread disinformation about refugees in Sweden
- ROMEA raises funds to support Czech school subjected to racist attacks online
- Marie Siváková: Reaction of an ordinary Roma/Czech woman to President's allegation that 90 % of "inadaptables" are Romani
- Commentary: By honoring Zeman, US Jewish organization is promoting the fascisization of Czech society
Tags:Hoax, manipulace, Nenávist, refugee
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.