Czech Republic: Television station issues statement about interview with refugee that sparked online hatred
The TV Prima television station in the Czech Republic has issued a statement about an interview broadcast on 11 February with a refugee in which the interpretation of what the refugee said was inaccurate. News server Romea.cz is providing the statement here in full translation.
Statement of TV Prima
In connection with the reportage broadcast on 11 February 2016 during FTV Prima's main news program, about a family of Christian refugees from Iraq, we would like to state the following: The report presented relevant, truthful information supported by the interpretation services of a court-registered interpreter of Arabic, Ing. Naziha Albahri. It is not appropriate for us to comment on the response of the Generation 21 foundation to the reportage.
As far as the accusations made by the foundation against Bohumil Roub, who is an external reporter for TV Prima, about his influence on the reportage, Mr Roub's statement is as follows: "Immediate after we recorded the material the representatives of the Multicultural Center and the foundation New [sic] Generation 21 began pressuring us not to broadcast the reportage on the topic of the inconvenient accommodation. My colleague, cameraman Roman Svoboda, responded that if we were to keep it quiet we wouldn't have a job, and I simply confirmed that."
Jitka Obzinová, News Director, FTV Prima
- Czech Republic: Manipulative television report sparks hatred against Christian refugees from Iraq
- Arson attack Saturday after Prague demonstrations for and against refugee reception
- Czech Justice Minister wants judge whose writing insults gays, refugees and Roma to resign
- Questions and answers about the 2015 migration crisis: 894 000 refugees and a divided EU
- Czech Police intervene against 1 000 extremists protesting refugee reception on state holiday marking November 1939 and 1989
- Czech Republic: European ambassadors tour criticized refugee detention facility
- Czech Republic: Hidden camera captures reactions to a refugee family from Syria
- Czech Christian Democrats strip local councilor of party membership over his racist remarks about refugees
- Czech media regulator says Prima TV incites fear of Roma, station disagrees
- Czech Republic: Prima TV station told reporters to depict refugees as a risk and a threat or they would be fired
- Czech Interior Minister suing City of Prague over opinion on gallows at demonstration
- Germany: Romani refugees occupy Berlin memorial to Roma murdered during Nazism, police intervene
- Czech Interior Minister says migrants are "not an issue" in the Czech Republic
- Čeněk Růžička: Relatives of the Romani victims of Nazism and survivors disagree with anti-refugee sentiment
- Member of Czech Freedom Fighters' Union says chair did not speak for her during the Terezín commemoration
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion reviews local group working with Romani children after its head attacks the HateFree Culture initiative
- Chair of Czech Freedom Fighters' Union makes anti-refugee speech during Terezín commemoration, Chief Rabbi objects on the spot
- Czech Govt Agency for Social Inclusion's dilemma: What to do with haters of "HateFree" who work with Romani children?
- Czech report on extremism for last year: 307 events, anti-refugee protests replaced anti-Romani ones
- Hundreds protest border closure between Austria and Italy and demand a border-free Europe
- Evangelical Church of the Czech Brethren supports its Diakonie organization after right-wing radical attack
Tags:Hoax, manipulace, Nenávist, refugee
Czech Republic: Prima TV station told reporters to depict refugees as a risk and a threat or they would be fired31.5.2016 13:31
Czech Republic: Romani members of LEV 21 party disapprove of it partnering with ultra-right in fall elections27.5.2016 22:28
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.