Czech Republic: White supremacist group launches "Anti-Multikulti Watch"
In the era of online social networking it is easier than ever before to automatically collect and store data and to analyze the opinions, political convictions and values of large numbers of people simultaneously. Frequently this concerns numbers of people exponentially larger than those on the list of persons called the "Anti-Multikulti Watch" that is part of the racist website of the Czech-language White Media organization, an extremist website run anonymously from servers located outside the Czech Republic.
The website features a list of four different categories including the names and personal information of public figures whose opinions contradict the convictions of the White Media administrators. The core of the matter, roughly speaking, is White Media's message that Czech society must be purged of migrants and other "undesirable elements", primarily those who are the traditional victims of discrimination in Czech society, i.e., LGBT persons, Romani persons, etc.
For the authors of this list, their activity risks (among other things) the Czech authorities causing them problems for violating the ban on the unauthorized publication of personal information. White Media repeatedly also calls on its sympathizers to download the "Anti-Multikulti Watch" list to other websites just in case the tribe's main website is blocked in future.
This indicates a need to keep this symbolically threatening list constantly "in view", rather than an effort to create an actual, extensive database of "enemies". Both from a legal perspective and technically, it would be far safer to simply store the list of names on the so-called "deep web" and make it accessible only to specifically chosen users.
It would be very difficult for the authorites to see such data, collected with the aid of algorithms. More information can be found in the June issue of the monthly Romano voďi (in Czech only), which you can order at www.romanovodi.cz.
- Computer game lets white people experience what it's like to be a bullied minority
- Slovak psychiatrist says crimes against Romani boys considered less outrageous than if they had been white
- Slovakia: Residents demand town take care of "whites" only, not Romani residents
- White supremacists stage another provocation in Czech Republic
- White Americans said to view racism as a zero-sum game
- Confronting color in a world of white
- Czech Interior Ministry report finds far-right party was the "super spreader" of hate last year
- Russia claims to be "concerned" about the very neo-Nazis they support in the Czech Republic
- Slovak trial of fascist party chair becoming protracted, he alleges the judge is biased
- Daniela Abraham: The antigypsyist violence of my childhood is still happening in Central Europe
- Slovak court finally rules on brutal assault by neo-Nazis seven years ago in Nitra, they appeal
- Slovak Prosecutor: Fascist pandemic is just as dangerous as COVID-19, trial of extreme politician begins tomorrow
- Ukraine: Racists attack Romani family of four, setting fire to their home and threatening a pregnant woman with rape
- Commentary: CNN Prima begins its Czech-language broadcasting with stereotypes about Romani people
- Sweden: Iconic incident of woman swatting neo-Nazi with her purse was also captured on film
- Czech journalists find the man behind the Aeronet disinformation server
- German shop selling beer with neo-Nazi symbolism
- Czech Prosecutor General appeals to continue case against eight members of the neo-Nazi "National Resistance"