Czech Republic: White supremacist group launches "Anti-Multikulti Watch"
In the era of online social networking it is easier than ever before to automatically collect and store data and to analyze the opinions, political convictions and values of large numbers of people simultaneously. Frequently this concerns numbers of people exponentially larger than those on the list of persons called the "Anti-Multikulti Watch" that is part of the racist website of the Czech-language White Media organization, an extremist website run anonymously from servers located outside the Czech Republic.
The website features a list of four different categories including the names and personal information of public figures whose opinions contradict the convictions of the White Media administrators. The core of the matter, roughly speaking, is White Media's message that Czech society must be purged of migrants and other "undesirable elements", primarily those who are the traditional victims of discrimination in Czech society, i.e., LGBT persons, Romani persons, etc.
For the authors of this list, their activity risks (among other things) the Czech authorities causing them problems for violating the ban on the unauthorized publication of personal information. White Media repeatedly also calls on its sympathizers to download the "Anti-Multikulti Watch" list to other websites just in case the tribe's main website is blocked in future.
This indicates a need to keep this symbolically threatening list constantly "in view", rather than an effort to create an actual, extensive database of "enemies". Both from a legal perspective and technically, it would be far safer to simply store the list of names on the so-called "deep web" and make it accessible only to specifically chosen users.
It would be very difficult for the authorites to see such data, collected with the aid of algorithms. More information can be found in the June issue of the monthly Romano voďi (in Czech only), which you can order at www.romanovodi.cz.
- Computer game lets white people experience what it's like to be a bullied minority
- Slovak psychiatrist says crimes against Romani boys considered less outrageous than if they had been white
- Teenagers in Czech survey say Roma, "whites" both to blame for tensions
- European panic over "white" children in Romani families
- Commentary: Why does the phrase "white aggressor" bother readers?
- Czech Republic: "White" aggressor brutally beats up two Romani women, one of them disabled, in the Šluknov foothills
- US clinic keeps black staff away from white newborn
- Slovakia: Residents demand town take care of "whites" only, not Romani residents
- White supremacists stage another provocation in Czech Republic
- White Americans said to view racism as a zero-sum game
- Confronting color in a world of white
- Czech politician not to be compensated over nickname, courts say reasonable use of it is allowed
- Ukraine: Violence against Romani people is escalating
- Ukraine: Video of pogrom against Roma shows neo-Nazis chasing children, throwing rocks at them and using tear gas
- Germany: 750 neo-Nazis celebrate Hitler's birthday, police confiscate their materials
- Czech Police arrest two Romani men for attack on police, confirm media exaggerated the incident
- Czech media again exaggerate assault incident, promote antigypsyist stereotypes
- Germany: Neo-Nazi terrorists get multiple-year sentences
- Czech capital sees public discussion on future form and role of the Lety memorial to the genocide of Roma
- Czech Interior Ministry's quarterly report on extremism: Politicians exploited fears of immigration
- Czech Museum of Romani Culture officially takes charge of memorial at Romani genocide site in Hodonín u Kunštátu
- Germany: Romani-inhabited building struck by arson, media strangely quiet
- Analysis: A propaganda war needs angry, defiant, disgusted, nerve-wracked people - and the Czech Republic qualifies
Tags:Média, Multikulturalismus, Neo-Nazism, RV 6/2016
Pre peskere pindre: Romani leaders in Czech Republic learn how to avoid financial transactions with those who humiliate Roma10.5.2018 8:56
Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?9.5.2018 6:55
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.