Czech Republic: White supremacist group launches "Anti-Multikulti Watch"
In the era of online social networking it is easier than ever before to automatically collect and store data and to analyze the opinions, political convictions and values of large numbers of people simultaneously. Frequently this concerns numbers of people exponentially larger than those on the list of persons called the "Anti-Multikulti Watch" that is part of the racist website of the Czech-language White Media organization, an extremist website run anonymously from servers located outside the Czech Republic.
The website features a list of four different categories including the names and personal information of public figures whose opinions contradict the convictions of the White Media administrators. The core of the matter, roughly speaking, is White Media's message that Czech society must be purged of migrants and other "undesirable elements", primarily those who are the traditional victims of discrimination in Czech society, i.e., LGBT persons, Romani persons, etc.
For the authors of this list, their activity risks (among other things) the Czech authorities causing them problems for violating the ban on the unauthorized publication of personal information. White Media repeatedly also calls on its sympathizers to download the "Anti-Multikulti Watch" list to other websites just in case the tribe's main website is blocked in future.
This indicates a need to keep this symbolically threatening list constantly "in view", rather than an effort to create an actual, extensive database of "enemies". Both from a legal perspective and technically, it would be far safer to simply store the list of names on the so-called "deep web" and make it accessible only to specifically chosen users.
It would be very difficult for the authorites to see such data, collected with the aid of algorithms. More information can be found in the June issue of the monthly Romano voďi (in Czech only), which you can order at www.romanovodi.cz.
- Computer game lets white people experience what it's like to be a bullied minority
- Slovak psychiatrist says crimes against Romani boys considered less outrageous than if they had been white
- Slovakia: Residents demand town take care of "whites" only, not Romani residents
- White supremacists stage another provocation in Czech Republic
- White Americans said to view racism as a zero-sum game
- Confronting color in a world of white
- Czech journalists find the man behind the Aeronet disinformation server
- German shop selling beer with neo-Nazi symbolism
- Czech Prosecutor General appeals to continue case against eight members of the neo-Nazi "National Resistance"
- Slovak fascist party second-strongest in polls, yet another protest forces its rally to relocate
- Slovakia: Opponents of fascist party prevent it from assembling, play Romani music
- BBC reports Twitter makes it possible to target ads at members of hate groups or teens with eating disorders
- Commentary: Which Czech media outlets can we take seriously?
- Czech fan of ultra-nationalist party gets suspended sentence for wearing Nazi symbols to demonstration
- Germany: Right-wing extremists "patrolling" in Berlin
- German Govt approves measures to combat right-wing extremism, requires social media firms to report IP addresses of users making death threats
- Czech Regional Court returns online hate speech case about death threats against first-graders to lower court, more evidence needed
- Hungary: Dozens of Neo-Nazis jointly vandalize Budapest Jewish cultural center that houses other civil society groups