Czech Republic: White supremacist group launches "Anti-Multikulti Watch"
In the era of online social networking it is easier than ever before to automatically collect and store data and to analyze the opinions, political convictions and values of large numbers of people simultaneously. Frequently this concerns numbers of people exponentially larger than those on the list of persons called the "Anti-Multikulti Watch" that is part of the racist website of the Czech-language White Media organization, an extremist website run anonymously from servers located outside the Czech Republic.
The website features a list of four different categories including the names and personal information of public figures whose opinions contradict the convictions of the White Media administrators. The core of the matter, roughly speaking, is White Media's message that Czech society must be purged of migrants and other "undesirable elements", primarily those who are the traditional victims of discrimination in Czech society, i.e., LGBT persons, Romani persons, etc.
For the authors of this list, their activity risks (among other things) the Czech authorities causing them problems for violating the ban on the unauthorized publication of personal information. White Media repeatedly also calls on its sympathizers to download the "Anti-Multikulti Watch" list to other websites just in case the tribe's main website is blocked in future.
This indicates a need to keep this symbolically threatening list constantly "in view", rather than an effort to create an actual, extensive database of "enemies". Both from a legal perspective and technically, it would be far safer to simply store the list of names on the so-called "deep web" and make it accessible only to specifically chosen users.
It would be very difficult for the authorites to see such data, collected with the aid of algorithms. More information can be found in the June issue of the monthly Romano voďi (in Czech only), which you can order at www.romanovodi.cz.
- Computer game lets white people experience what it's like to be a bullied minority
- Slovak psychiatrist says crimes against Romani boys considered less outrageous than if they had been white
- Teenagers in Czech survey say Roma, "whites" both to blame for tensions
- European panic over "white" children in Romani families
- Commentary: Why does the phrase "white aggressor" bother readers?
- Czech Republic: "White" aggressor brutally beats up two Romani women, one of them disabled, in the Šluknov foothills
- Slovakia: Residents demand town take care of "whites" only, not Romani residents
- White supremacists stage another provocation in Czech Republic
- White Americans said to view racism as a zero-sum game
- Confronting color in a world of white
- Chair of the Pirate Party in the Czech Republic: It's normal to oppose Fascism and racism
- A quarter of a century ago, 18 racists hounded a Romani man to death; the Czech courts convicted just three
- Russian social network blocks "Miss Hitler" beauty contest after Israeli media contact
- Racists and populists will not stop us! ROMEA launches crowdfunding campaign to support news server Romea.cz
- Czech Police charge right-wing extremists who assaulted citizens of India
- Local Prague candidate seems to have given Nazi salute at demonstration, extremist party she is running for disavows her
- Czech tabloid will not be inviting ultra-right party representatives to its online debates
- Slovakia: Chair of neo-Nazi party indicted for using Nazi symbols on checks
- Czech Constitutional Court rejects complaint from neo-Nazi convicted of 2012 arson
- German Police find right-wing extremists' list of 25 000 "enemies"
- Czech Police refute rumors that defecation in public pool was done by Roma - defamatory article sparked a racist wave online
- German court sentences neo-Nazi to life in prison
Tags:Média, Multikulturalismus, Neo-Nazism, RV 6/2016
Civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council call on public broadcaster to hold a real debate about Romani issues16.10.2018 10:58
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.