Czech Republic: White supremacist group launches "Anti-Multikulti Watch"
In the era of online social networking it is easier than ever before to automatically collect and store data and to analyze the opinions, political convictions and values of large numbers of people simultaneously. Frequently this concerns numbers of people exponentially larger than those on the list of persons called the "Anti-Multikulti Watch" that is part of the racist website of the Czech-language White Media organization, an extremist website run anonymously from servers located outside the Czech Republic.
The website features a list of four different categories including the names and personal information of public figures whose opinions contradict the convictions of the White Media administrators. The core of the matter, roughly speaking, is White Media's message that Czech society must be purged of migrants and other "undesirable elements", primarily those who are the traditional victims of discrimination in Czech society, i.e., LGBT persons, Romani persons, etc.
For the authors of this list, their activity risks (among other things) the Czech authorities causing them problems for violating the ban on the unauthorized publication of personal information. White Media repeatedly also calls on its sympathizers to download the "Anti-Multikulti Watch" list to other websites just in case the tribe's main website is blocked in future.
This indicates a need to keep this symbolically threatening list constantly "in view", rather than an effort to create an actual, extensive database of "enemies". Both from a legal perspective and technically, it would be far safer to simply store the list of names on the so-called "deep web" and make it accessible only to specifically chosen users.
It would be very difficult for the authorites to see such data, collected with the aid of algorithms. More information can be found in the June issue of the monthly Romano voďi (in Czech only), which you can order at www.romanovodi.cz.
- Computer game lets white people experience what it's like to be a bullied minority
- Slovak psychiatrist says crimes against Romani boys considered less outrageous than if they had been white
- Teenagers in Czech survey say Roma, "whites" both to blame for tensions
- European panic over "white" children in Romani families
- Slovakia: Residents demand town take care of "whites" only, not Romani residents
- White supremacists stage another provocation in Czech Republic
- White Americans said to view racism as a zero-sum game
- Confronting color in a world of white
- Italian theater cancels neo-Fascist concert co-opting Czechoslovak historical figure, so it moves from Verona to Lazis
- US company shuts down neo-Nazi website "White Media" at the request of the Czech authorities
- Ten years after the Czech neo-Nazi arson attack on her Romani family, Natálka still suffers from nightmares and pain
- British newspaper The Guardian: Debt collection industry is endangering Czech democracy
- Czech students protest co-optation of Czechoslovak historical figure in Italy
- Neo-Nazis from C14 group that assaults Roma march through Ukrainian capital celebrating ultra-nationalist historical figure
- German Police arrest four neo-Nazis
- Slovakia: Chair of local party cell has swastika tattoo, national chair denies neo-Nazi associations
- New comedy series on Czech public television to feature crude humor, racist remarks and vulgar language
- Hundreds of convicted German neo-Nazis evading custody, some may be in the Czech Republic
- Czech Police charge man who wore banned neo-Nazi symbols to ultra-right rally
- Czech ultra-right extremists plan to commemorate 10th anniversary of their attempted pogrom on Romani people