Czech ultra-right leader rails against Arab spa clients
Several people were arrested by police on Saturday during an assembly convened in the town of Teplice by the Workers' Social Justice Party (Dělnická strana sociální spravedlnosti - DSSS). Police spokesperson Dan Vítek announced the arrests.
During the course of the march, roughly 100 promoters of the ultra-right DSSS engaged in a conflict in Šanovský Park with the same number of anarchists. Police kept both groups from clashing directly.
DSSS chair Tomáš Vandas and his party members came to Teplice to make speeches in the runup to the local elections there, iDNES.cz reports. They exploited alleged tensions between local residents and spa guests as a topic.
Some locals have complaints, mainly about the disorder that Arab spa clients allegedly cause in the Šanovský Park, and are also said to be bothered by the fact that people from the Persian Gulf are allegedly buying up land near the town. Vandas gave his usual hateful speech at the gathering, cursing the government, which he believes is corrupt, the European Union, and the Czech Republic's policy on accepting immigrants.
Police officers arrested five people, two of them anarchists who threw PET bottles of beer in the direction of Vandas. All five were charged with misdemeanors and released.
The demonstration ended at 19:00 and the town was peaceful for the rest of the evening. During their intervention, police officers confiscated one baseball bat and a knuckleduster.
- Czech Republic: Yet another fiasco for the DSSS - 10 people, not 400, in Brno
- Czech Republic: Europe Roma Network condemns SRP chair for shaking hands with DSSS chair
- Analysis: Why Czech ultra-right voters chose Okamura, not the DSSS
- Czech Republic: Many neo-Nazis running for the DSSS again
- Commentary: DSSS "keeping order on the streets" in Duchcov
- Czech Republic: DSSS supporters attempt pogrom on Romani residents of Ostrava once more
- Czech Republic: "Let's Block the Marches!" supporting Roma in Varnsdorf tomorrow during DSSS rally
- Czech Police refute yet another false anti-Roma report spread by Duchcov DSSS cell
- Czech Police Inspector-General doesn't know who released video of assault in Duchcov, but DSSS seems to
- Czech Republic: Splinter DSSS faction plans 13 more anti-Romani events by year's end
- DSSS files criminal charges over Czech-Romani flag exhibit
- Czech Republic: DSSS extremists preparing to demonstrate in Varnsdorf again
- Czech Republic: Injuries after DSSS provokes street warfare in Duchcov, police use tear gas and water cannon
- Czech Green Party: Neo-Nazi DSSS wants to stir up ethnic hatred in Duchcov
- Czech Republic: North Bohemian members leave DSSS
- Czech court awards compensation to Moroccan assaulted by DSSS candidate
- Czech Republic: DSSS extremists march in support of racist murderer
- German Police raid neo-Nazis linked to Freies Netz Süd, which collaborates with the DSSS
- Czech Republic: Municipal police tell DSSS extremists they won't let them destroy Břeclav
- Czech Republic: Opponents of neo-Nazis will not blockade DSSS march but will hang banners instead
- CoE Human Rights Commissioner says anti-Roma rhetoric comparable to Nazis’
- Arabs, Kurds registered as bone marrow donors in Czech Republic
- Czech police officer who brutally assaulted Romani workers now on trial
- Julius Zajac: Ascendancy of extremists and liars may augur a new kind of totalitarianism in the Czech Republic
- Former Czech Human Rights Minister says the entire country should campaign against denial of Romani genocide
- Patrik Banga: How can people in the Czech Republic write about reviving the concentration camps?
- European Grassroots Antiracist Movement calls Czech MP's remarks about Romani genocide site classic Holocaust denial
- Czech citizens file crime report over MP's remarks denying the suffering of Romani genocide victims
- New Zealand grants asylum to family from Czech Republic with non-Romani and Romani members because of neo-Nazi death threats
- Czech antigypsyist ultra-right party expresses support for incumbent in presidential race
- Germany: Romani-inhabited building struck by arson, media strangely quiet
- Czech attorney: Justice for online hate has been won in a case of racist assaults against two Romani brothers
- Czech pro-Kremlin disinformation Facebook page sparks wave of racist, vulgar comments about non-white infant
- Austria: First newborn of the year has become a target of hateful commentary
Tags:DSSS, Extremism, Neo-Nazism, Racism, Xenophobia
Outgoing Czech PM backs MP who doubted Romani Holocaust, says he has apologized and his words have been "misinterpreted"7.2.2018 16:32
concentration camp at Lety u Písku, a site of the genocide of the Roma during the Second World War. When asked today whether he supports removing Okamura from his post as vice-chair of the lower house, as the Christian Democrats propose, the PM said he considers Okamura's apology to have been sufficient.
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.