Czech ultra-right leader rails against Arab spa clients
Several people were arrested by police on Saturday during an assembly convened in the town of Teplice by the Workers' Social Justice Party (Dělnická strana sociální spravedlnosti - DSSS). Police spokesperson Dan Vítek announced the arrests.
During the course of the march, roughly 100 promoters of the ultra-right DSSS engaged in a conflict in Šanovský Park with the same number of anarchists. Police kept both groups from clashing directly.
DSSS chair Tomáš Vandas and his party members came to Teplice to make speeches in the runup to the local elections there, iDNES.cz reports. They exploited alleged tensions between local residents and spa guests as a topic.
Some locals have complaints, mainly about the disorder that Arab spa clients allegedly cause in the Šanovský Park, and are also said to be bothered by the fact that people from the Persian Gulf are allegedly buying up land near the town. Vandas gave his usual hateful speech at the gathering, cursing the government, which he believes is corrupt, the European Union, and the Czech Republic's policy on accepting immigrants.
Police officers arrested five people, two of them anarchists who threw PET bottles of beer in the direction of Vandas. All five were charged with misdemeanors and released.
The demonstration ended at 19:00 and the town was peaceful for the rest of the evening. During their intervention, police officers confiscated one baseball bat and a knuckleduster.
- Czech Republic: Yet another fiasco for the DSSS - 10 people, not 400, in Brno
- Czech Republic: Europe Roma Network condemns SRP chair for shaking hands with DSSS chair
- Analysis: Why Czech ultra-right voters chose Okamura, not the DSSS
- Czech Republic: Many neo-Nazis running for the DSSS again
- Commentary: DSSS "keeping order on the streets" in Duchcov
- Czech Republic: DSSS supporters attempt pogrom on Romani residents of Ostrava once more
- Czech Republic: "Let's Block the Marches!" supporting Roma in Varnsdorf tomorrow during DSSS rally
- Czech Police refute yet another false anti-Roma report spread by Duchcov DSSS cell
- Czech Police Inspector-General doesn't know who released video of assault in Duchcov, but DSSS seems to
- Czech Republic: Splinter DSSS faction plans 13 more anti-Romani events by year's end
- DSSS files criminal charges over Czech-Romani flag exhibit
- Czech Republic: DSSS extremists preparing to demonstrate in Varnsdorf again
- Czech Republic: Injuries after DSSS provokes street warfare in Duchcov, police use tear gas and water cannon
- Czech Green Party: Neo-Nazi DSSS wants to stir up ethnic hatred in Duchcov
- Czech Republic: North Bohemian members leave DSSS
- Czech court awards compensation to Moroccan assaulted by DSSS candidate
- Czech Republic: DSSS extremists march in support of racist murderer
- German Police raid neo-Nazis linked to Freies Netz Süd, which collaborates with the DSSS
- Czech Republic: Municipal police tell DSSS extremists they won't let them destroy Břeclav
- Czech Republic: Opponents of neo-Nazis will not blockade DSSS march but will hang banners instead
- CoE Human Rights Commissioner says anti-Roma rhetoric comparable to Nazis’
- Arabs, Kurds registered as bone marrow donors in Czech Republic
- Disgraced former Trump adviser to debate 2016 election with Democratic Party supporter in the Czech capital
- Ukraine: Violence against Romani people is escalating
- Czech Police intervene after ultra-right attacks those opposed to neo-Nazism in Plzeň
- Czech prosecutors announce first indictment in case of online hate speech against first-graders
- MEP Soraya Post for ROMEA TV: Antigypsyism exists everywhere in Europe
- Ukraine: Video of pogrom against Roma shows neo-Nazis chasing children, throwing rocks at them and using tear gas
- Czech singer gets married on Hitler's birthday at a chateau where the SS were headquartered
- Germany: 750 neo-Nazis celebrate Hitler's birthday, police confiscate their materials
- VIDEO: First-instance verdict in the Chomutov shooting case - 12.5 years
- BREAKING NEWS: Czech shooter of Romani man gets 12.5 years in prison
- Czech President pushing Czech PM into Government with right-wing extremists
- Romani rappers P. A. T. and Rytmus in new video: Czechs and Slovaks are "drunk on hatred"
Tags:DSSS, Extremism, Neo-Nazism, Racism, Xenophobia
Pre peskere pindre: Romani leaders in Czech Republic learn how to avoid financial transactions with those who humiliate Roma10.5.2018 8:56
Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?9.5.2018 6:55
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.