Eyewitness says assailants shouting racist abuse and beating Romani man before he died were in full view of Czech Police
The video above is an interview with an eyewitness who saw part of the incident on 18 October in the Czech town of Žatec that resulted in the death of a Romani man. Eyewitness Miroslav Mašek says he saw the incident through the glass wall of the pizzeria.
The eyewitness claims that, in full view of the police, the other people involved in the conflict shouted racist vulgarities at the young man and continued to physically assault him. Here is a translated transcript of the edited interview:
Eyewitness Miroslav Mašek: The first thing I saw was that they were already beating the guy, they were beating him there, and the cops were already there, I am 1 000 per cent sure of that, and the cops already had a hold of him, and then they got him on the ground, and once they had him on the ground, the other guys began stomping on him and wailing on him in front of the cops... I don't know what kind of guys they were, they looked like normal guys, normal, tall, some were heavier, some were thinner - it was a lot of people, there were a lot of guys there.
Reporter: You're saying the situation was that the cops were holding the man down on the ground, and that in front of the cops, still in their view, other people were striking him?
Eyewitness: Lots of stomping on him one more time, kicking him, that happened... Curses were being shouted, like "Black fucker", stuff like that.
Reporter: Have you given a statement to police about this?
Eyewitness: I haven't, because nobody else saw me standing there watching, so no.
- Patrik Banga: Dear Czech Police, 27-year-olds do not just up and die
- Czech Police say autopsy finds young Romani man's death was not caused by a third party
- Czech Republic: Two local assemblies memorialize Romani man's death
- Czech Republic: Young Romani man has died after a scuffle, no charges filed yet
- Germany: Romani-inhabited building struck by arson, media strangely quiet
- Czech presidential candidate Horáček thanks Roma for voting, supports Drahoš in second round
- Czech attorney: Justice for online hate has been won in a case of racist assaults against two Romani brothers
- UK: Police say there are no suspicious circumstances about death of young Romani girl in Sheffield
- Czech pro-Kremlin disinformation Facebook page sparks wave of racist, vulgar comments about non-white infant
- VIDEO: Czech ticket-checker assaults Romani boy, removes children from bus, police tell commuter not to film it
- More Romani figures announce their presidential favorites - still definitely not Zeman
- Greek court sentences woman who kicked Romani girl on the street to three months in prison
- Czech lower house approves budget, SPD did not succeed to reduce financing for Romani integration
- Denmark: Immigrant and ex-MP visits those who post hateful commentaries and threats online
- Czech party alleges ROMEA calls for violence online - but the posts are by their own ultra-right fans
- Opinion: Running a nationalist party in Europe is a very good business plan
Tags:Policie, Racism, Roma, Svědectví, Vražda, vyšetřování
Analysis: A propaganda war needs angry, defiant, disgusted, nerve-wracked people - and the Czech Republic qualifies8.1.2018 18:12
Czech EdMin says number of Romani children educated according to reduced standards has not changed in three years7.1.2018 17:17
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.