Eyewitness says assailants shouting racist abuse and beating Romani man before he died were in full view of Czech Police
The video above is an interview with an eyewitness who saw part of the incident on 18 October in the Czech town of Žatec that resulted in the death of a Romani man. Eyewitness Miroslav Mašek says he saw the incident through the glass wall of the pizzeria.
The eyewitness claims that, in full view of the police, the other people involved in the conflict shouted racist vulgarities at the young man and continued to physically assault him. Here is a translated transcript of the edited interview:
Eyewitness Miroslav Mašek: The first thing I saw was that they were already beating the guy, they were beating him there, and the cops were already there, I am 1 000 per cent sure of that, and the cops already had a hold of him, and then they got him on the ground, and once they had him on the ground, the other guys began stomping on him and wailing on him in front of the cops... I don't know what kind of guys they were, they looked like normal guys, normal, tall, some were heavier, some were thinner - it was a lot of people, there were a lot of guys there.
Reporter: You're saying the situation was that the cops were holding the man down on the ground, and that in front of the cops, still in their view, other people were striking him?
Eyewitness: Lots of stomping on him one more time, kicking him, that happened... Curses were being shouted, like "Black fucker", stuff like that.
Reporter: Have you given a statement to police about this?
Eyewitness: I haven't, because nobody else saw me standing there watching, so no.
- Patrik Banga: Dear Czech Police, 27-year-olds do not just up and die
- Czech Police say autopsy finds young Romani man's death was not caused by a third party
- Czech Republic: Two local assemblies memorialize Romani man's death
- Czech Republic: Young Romani man has died after a scuffle, no charges filed yet
- Czech President alleges Romani people "don't want to work" and that "slapping them" is the best way to deal with them
- Chair of the Pirate Party in the Czech Republic: It's normal to oppose Fascism and racism
- A quarter of a century ago, 18 racists hounded a Romani man to death; the Czech courts convicted just three
- Slovak PM on Romani settlements: Incentivize employment, no tolerance for disorder
- Czech Inspector-General prosecuting two police officers for torturing Romani man into a false confession
- Monika Mihaličková: Soske ME DŽAV?! Let's contain this political cesspool!
- Czech court hears accused assailants of African man deny they racially abused him in any way
- Czech convicted of racially-motivated murder of Romani man is running for mayor
- Czech appeals court reduces sentence for murder of Romani man to seven years, prosecutor calls it disproportionate, inhumane and unjust
- Czech tabloid will not be inviting ultra-right party representatives to its online debates
- Czech media, police accuse Romani family of inciting brawl with non-Roma at children's pool, Romea.cz first to report the Romani mother's testimony
- Czech Constitutional Court rejects complaint from neo-Nazi convicted of 2012 arson
Tags:Policie, Racism, Roma, Svědectví, Vražda, vyšetřování
Czech Inspector-General prosecuting two police officers for torturing Romani man into a false confession18.9.2018 6:38
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.