PHOTO GALLERY: Brno celebrations of International Romani Day - ribbons on the Tree of Tolerance, program at Hvězdička Park
On Monday, 3 April, this year's celebrations of International Romani Day began in the Lužánky neighborhood of Brno. Those attending tied new ribbons to the Tree of Tolerance.
On Tuesday, 4 April, the program contined with an afternoon's amusement in the Hvězdička Park. Below are photographs from these events.
- Roma in Jihlava, Czech Republic prevented from renting space for International Romani Day, celebrations proceeding anyway
- Czech Republic: International Romani Day 2017 - events country-wide
- VIDEO: Exhibition about Romani jewelry in Brno on view until the end of April
- Czech Cardinal on International Romani Day: We are all members of the same Christian family
- "TOGETHER WE CAN" - celebrations of International Romani Day in Prague focus on interethnic cooperation
- VIDEO: Romani students spend the weekend in Brno's Cejl neighborhood
- "Baruvas" Romani student meeting in Brno, Czech Republic confirms that education makes sense
- Slovak homeowner considers selling to Roma, so his neighbors graffiti his house and puncture his tires
- Organizer of 8 July protest by Romani people in Brussels is corrected by incoming MEP - "I've never spoken with him"
- Slovak court grants early release to vigilante who murdered three Roma at their home, prosecutor complains
- USA: Four-month-old Romani boy is youngest child to be separated from his parents at the border with Mexico
- Slovak church bungles inclusion of Romani newcomer into First Communion ceremony, charges of racial discrimination being investigated
- "Romani Army" by Berlin-based Maxim Gorki Theater Company gets standing ovation at Czech festival
- Italian authorities investigate 65 neo-Fascists in Rome after anti-Roma protests
- Czech Agriculture Ministry advises hiring Ukrainian labor despite domestic Romani labor offer for bark beetle work
- Czech ice hockey star of Romani origin and NHL draft pick moves to new domestic team
- Zeljko Jovanovic: Roma, make our voices heard in the European Parliament elections!
- Czech city backtracks on scope of plan to house homeless, cutting the units to be offered by half
- 1 May march by Czech neo-Nazis was dispersed and torches were put out, but antisemitic abuse was expressed