PHOTO GALLERY: Brno celebrations of International Romani Day - ribbons on the Tree of Tolerance, program at Hvězdička Park
On Monday, 3 April, this year's celebrations of International Romani Day began in the Lužánky neighborhood of Brno. Those attending tied new ribbons to the Tree of Tolerance.
On Tuesday, 4 April, the program contined with an afternoon's amusement in the Hvězdička Park. Below are photographs from these events.
- Roma in Jihlava, Czech Republic prevented from renting space for International Romani Day, celebrations proceeding anyway
- Czech Republic: International Romani Day 2017 - events country-wide
- VIDEO: Exhibition about Romani jewelry in Brno on view until the end of April
- Czech Cardinal on International Romani Day: We are all members of the same Christian family
- "TOGETHER WE CAN" - celebrations of International Romani Day in Prague focus on interethnic cooperation
- VIDEO: Romani students spend the weekend in Brno's Cejl neighborhood
- "Baruvas" Romani student meeting in Brno, Czech Republic confirms that education makes sense
- Czech Republic: Mayor of Brno joins march against denial of the Holocaust of the Roma
- March against Roma Holocaust denial and for removing vice-chair of Czech lower house THIS THURSDAY IN BRNO
- New Zealand grants asylum to family from Czech Republic with non-Romani and Romani members because of neo-Nazi death threats
- Czech Association of Roma Entrepreneurs and Associations endorses Drahoš, calls on Roma to turn out
- First round of Czech presidential elections saw low turnout in socially excluded localities
- Jan Cverčko: Romale, vote for Jiří Drahoš!
- Germany: Romani-inhabited building struck by arson, media strangely quiet
- Czech presidential candidate Horáček thanks Roma for voting, supports Drahoš in second round
- VIDEO: Czech ticket-checker assaults Romani boy, removes children from bus, police tell commuter not to film it
- More Romani figures announce their presidential favorites - still definitely not Zeman
- Greek court sentences woman who kicked Romani girl on the street to three months in prison
- Monika Mihaličková: In Romanes we never say "Me som cikános" ["I am a gypsy"]
Tags:Brno, International Roma Day, Roma, Volunteering
Outgoing Czech PM backs MP who doubted Romani Holocaust, says he has apologized and his words have been "misinterpreted"7.2.2018 16:32
concentration camp at Lety u Písku, a site of the genocide of the Roma during the Second World War. When asked today whether he supports removing Okamura from his post as vice-chair of the lower house, as the Christian Democrats propose, the PM said he considers Okamura's apology to have been sufficient.
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.