Prague 14 to begin April with the Cultural Encounters festival (Setkání kultur)
The Prague 14 Municipal Department will come to life during the first week of April with its Cultural Encounters festival (Setkání kultur). On Thursday, 6 April, in the Plechárna recreation center at 18:30, the chair of the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust in the Czech Republic, Čeněk Růžička, will hold a discussion on the topic of Czech-Roma coexistence.
One hour later a documentary film will be screened there by director Tomáš Kudrna about the work of Romani singer Ida Kelarová with the children's choir Čhavorenge, "O čo ide Idě" ("Ida's Mission"). On Saturday, 8 April, the Ethnic Food Festival begins at 15:00 at the Kyje House of Culture, offering stands with ethnic cuisine, a fairytale show for children by the DAMÚZA Studio, and a crafts workshop where children can make their own puppets.
You can find the detailed program for 8 April at the Kyje House of Culture here. All events are free of charge.
- Czech Culture Ministry's Subsidy Commission for National Minorities issues statement against growing intolerance
- "TOGETHER WE CAN" - celebrations of International Romani Day in Prague focus on interethnic cooperation
- Czech Human Rights Minister wants Lety concentration camp memorial administered by Museum of Romani Culture, relative of victims disagrees
- Deputy Mayor of Prague proposes Romani celebrity receive award from the Czech capital for his brave stance against hate music
- LIVE BROADCAST: Disgraced adviser to US President debates Democratic Party supporter in Prague
- Hungary: József "Choli" Daróczi, translator of the New Testament into Romanes, has passed away
- Slovakia: Two Romani children shot in Poprad, perpetrator not yet identified
- Irena Biháriová: Comprehending the matrix of a Romani settlement in Slovakia is not easy
- EU Agency for Fundamental Rights finds Czech Republic the place that rejects Romani people the most
- Novel about the Holocaust and its Romani victims, "Jacob's Colours", now in Czech translation
- Czech NGO ROMEA launches I HAVE A DREAM! campaign to support Romani students
- Slovakia: Romani barber builds salon in small town despite local prejudices
- Prague celebrations of International Romani Day end today with gala
- Czech Philharmonic will continue collaboration with Romani musician Ida Kelarová
- Feminist Roma theater company celebrates the abolition of Roma slavery in Romania
- USA: Pianist Tomáš Kačo performs solo at Carnegie Hall - "There is no box for this music"
Tags:Culture, Festival, Praha, Soužití
Pre peskere pindre: Romani leaders in Czech Republic learn how to avoid financial transactions with those who humiliate Roma10.5.2018 8:56
Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?9.5.2018 6:55
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.