Prague 14 to begin April with the Cultural Encounters festival (Setkání kultur)
The Prague 14 Municipal Department will come to life during the first week of April with its Cultural Encounters festival (Setkání kultur). On Thursday, 6 April, in the Plechárna recreation center at 18:30, the chair of the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust in the Czech Republic, Čeněk Růžička, will hold a discussion on the topic of Czech-Roma coexistence.
One hour later a documentary film will be screened there by director Tomáš Kudrna about the work of Romani singer Ida Kelarová with the children's choir Čhavorenge, "O čo ide Idě" ("Ida's Mission"). On Saturday, 8 April, the Ethnic Food Festival begins at 15:00 at the Kyje House of Culture, offering stands with ethnic cuisine, a fairytale show for children by the DAMÚZA Studio, and a crafts workshop where children can make their own puppets.
You can find the detailed program for 8 April at the Kyje House of Culture here. All events are free of charge.
- Czech Culture Ministry's Subsidy Commission for National Minorities issues statement against growing intolerance
- "TOGETHER WE CAN" - celebrations of International Romani Day in Prague focus on interethnic cooperation
- Czech Human Rights Minister wants Lety concentration camp memorial administered by Museum of Romani Culture, relative of victims disagrees
- Deputy Mayor of Prague proposes Romani celebrity receive award from the Czech capital for his brave stance against hate music
- Survey shows people in the Czech Republic trust each other less and have less tolerance for minorities
- Czech court rules activists did not enrich themselves by using abandoned building, state may go to Supreme Court
- Romani entrepreneurs push for unemployed Roma, not foreigners, to be hired for Czech bark beetle eradication
- Czech children's home turns Prague streets into summer camp, complete with parcour, this Thursday
- Miroslav Rác: 21st century classical music teaching the lessons of the Holocaust and its Romani victims
- 20th annual World Roma Festival KHAMORO begins tomorrow - ROMEA TV to broadcast several live performances
- Czech play focuses on hateful commentaries posted to Internet discussions - #nejsemrasista_ale
- LIVE BROADCAST: Disgraced adviser to US President debates Democratic Party supporter in Prague
- Hungary: József "Choli" Daróczi, translator of the New Testament into Romanes, has passed away
- Slovakia: Two Romani children shot in Poprad, perpetrator not yet identified
- Irena Biháriová: Comprehending the matrix of a Romani settlement in Slovakia is not easy
- EU Agency for Fundamental Rights finds Czech Republic the place that rejects Romani people the most
Tags:Culture, Festival, Praha, Soužití
Tomáš Ščuka: Romani people need competent representation first and foremost, not Romani representation at all costs1.8.2018 10:04
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.