Prague 14 to begin April with the Cultural Encounters festival (Setkání kultur)
The Prague 14 Municipal Department will come to life during the first week of April with its Cultural Encounters festival (Setkání kultur). On Thursday, 6 April, in the Plechárna recreation center at 18:30, the chair of the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust in the Czech Republic, Čeněk Růžička, will hold a discussion on the topic of Czech-Roma coexistence.
One hour later a documentary film will be screened there by director Tomáš Kudrna about the work of Romani singer Ida Kelarová with the children's choir Čhavorenge, "O čo ide Idě" ("Ida's Mission"). On Saturday, 8 April, the Ethnic Food Festival begins at 15:00 at the Kyje House of Culture, offering stands with ethnic cuisine, a fairytale show for children by the DAMÚZA Studio, and a crafts workshop where children can make their own puppets.
You can find the detailed program for 8 April at the Kyje House of Culture here. All events are free of charge.
- Czech Culture Ministry's Subsidy Commission for National Minorities issues statement against growing intolerance
- "TOGETHER WE CAN" - celebrations of International Romani Day in Prague focus on interethnic cooperation
- Czech Human Rights Minister wants Lety concentration camp memorial administered by Museum of Romani Culture, relative of victims disagrees
- Deputy Mayor of Prague proposes Romani celebrity receive award from the Czech capital for his brave stance against hate music
- Documentarist says Czech rap artist Shot stands out because he draws from real life
- Romani community in Czech Republic's second-largest city films the first-ever Romani sitcom
- Documentary by Museum of Romani Culture wins award for best Czech film at international festival
- Lety after the Romani genocide, Part One: Local authorities wanted to build another camp there for Roma after the war
- Romani community member Olga Halušková has been guiding visitors through Czech castle Karlštejn for more than a decade
- Petr Torák rejects media reports of tensions between Pakistanis and Roma in England
- Monika Mihaličková: Czech President should take a look in the mirror and give himself a slap - "gypsy" is an insulting term
- Commentary: Roma Pride and listening to each other
- Celebrated Romani composer Tomáš Kačo releases debut CD "My Home" and will perform soon in Prague
- Grand opening of "slow fashion" shop in Prague will be broadcast live online by ROMEA 25 October
- Monika Mihaličková: Silence is consent
- EU Justice Commissioner kicks up her heels in Brussels after Romani theater performance from the Czech Republic