Prague 14 to begin April with the Cultural Encounters festival (Setkání kultur)
The Prague 14 Municipal Department will come to life during the first week of April with its Cultural Encounters festival (Setkání kultur). On Thursday, 6 April, in the Plechárna recreation center at 18:30, the chair of the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust in the Czech Republic, Čeněk Růžička, will hold a discussion on the topic of Czech-Roma coexistence.
One hour later a documentary film will be screened there by director Tomáš Kudrna about the work of Romani singer Ida Kelarová with the children's choir Čhavorenge, "O čo ide Idě" ("Ida's Mission"). On Saturday, 8 April, the Ethnic Food Festival begins at 15:00 at the Kyje House of Culture, offering stands with ethnic cuisine, a fairytale show for children by the DAMÚZA Studio, and a crafts workshop where children can make their own puppets.
You can find the detailed program for 8 April at the Kyje House of Culture here. All events are free of charge.
- Czech Culture Ministry's Subsidy Commission for National Minorities issues statement against growing intolerance
- "TOGETHER WE CAN" - celebrations of International Romani Day in Prague focus on interethnic cooperation
- Czech Human Rights Minister wants Lety concentration camp memorial administered by Museum of Romani Culture, relative of victims disagrees
- Deputy Mayor of Prague proposes Romani celebrity receive award from the Czech capital for his brave stance against hate music
- Czech gallery holds exhibition of visual antisemitism from the Middle Ages to the present
- Czech town sees 6 000 people attend Romfest in runup to elections, Romani figures explained the importance of voting and warned against ultranationalists
- Jury of "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" TV contest brought to tears by performance of Romani children from the Luník IX housing estate
- Norway Grants to fund two advisors on Romani issues in Czech town - one Czech, the other Romani
- Poland: Art exhibition sparks accusations of antisemitism and other bigotries
- Čhavorenge Romani children's choir and the Czech Philharmonic perform in the Romani settlements of Slovakia
- Czech capital to see demonstration for Stanislav Tomáš today expressing disagreement with police intervention and support for local community
- Czech art competition for works about the Holocaust of the Roma announces winners this week
- Romani child actor from The Painted Bird rejects tv role in the Czech Republic of "bad g*psy child"
- Slovak public broadcasting continuing children's television program in Romanes and Slovak
- Petr Horváth, founder of the band Gipsy Sendy, has passed away at the age of 45 in Slovakia
- Jarmila Balážová: What does the stormy debate in the Czech Republic about the TV series featuring Romani performers show us?