Romani students in the Czech Republic can apply to ROMEA for scholarships in June
Last year the ROMEA organization expanded its scholarship program to include support for Romani college students, and during the 2021/2022 school year the program will support Romani students of secondary schools, higher vocational schools, colleges and universtities. The application process will open at the beginning of June.
The program was launched in 2016 and has provided 214 Romani students with 365 scholarships so far. Several Romani scholarship recipients have been awarded funds repeatedly thanks to their academic results and their active involvement in the program.
The scholarships annually provide CZK 14 000 [EUR 535] to high school students, CZK 21 000 [EUR 800] to higher vocational school students and CZK 25 000 [EUR 950] to college and university students who are Romani. "In addition to the scholarship itself, students are also able to draw on additional funding to attend extracurricular language courses or to buy school supplies and other things associated with their studies that are necessary," says Štefan Balog, the manager of the scholarship program.
Since 2016 the program has endeavored to support Romani students with achieving an education. From a longterm perspective, this means increasing the economic, political and social strength of Romani people as individuals and as representatives of Romani communities.
Through the program, ROMEA is attempting to increase the self-confidence of Romani youth in their own abilities and to get Romani people involved in decision-making processes in the Czech Republic, thanks to which it will be possible for them to achieve change with respect to the inequality they currently experience, both societally and structurally. For more information about the Romani Scholarship Program, please visit www.romskastipendia.cz.
- ROMEA gives 94 Romani students at Czech colleges and high schools scholarships, program is in its fifth year
- ROMEA announces Romani Scholarship Program for 2020/2021 in the Czech Republic
- Czech capital to see ceremonial induction of Romani students into ROMEA scholarship program
- Romani college prep student in Czech Republic and ROMEA scholarship recipient hopes to become a dentist someday
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT 11 CET: Ceremonial awarding of scholarships for Romani secondary school students
- Czech Republic: Romani secondary school students can apply for scholarships, deadline is 15 July
- Czech MEP Zdechovský for ROMEA TV: Romani projects must have concrete outputs like the Romani scholarships do
- Czech Police officer explains why he donated to Romani Scholarships
- Romani psychology student who is a ROMEA scholarship winner featured on Czech Television
- Scholarship for female Romani students at Czech pedagogical secondary schools open until 31 August
- Czech Republic: The English College in Prague fundraises for Romani student scholarship
- Czech Republic: Romani high school students receive scholarships at ceremony, sponsors are convinced education is an investment
- Czech Republic: ROMEA awards scholarships to Romani secondary school students
- Czech Republic: Romani scholarship recipients study economics, history, IT, languages and medicine
- Czech Republic: Roma seek scholarships for secondary education, plan to become architects, computer experts, doctors and police
- International meeting of Roma health scholarship program
- Norway Grants to fund two advisors on Romani issues in Czech town - one Czech, the other Romani
- 15th BARUVAS meeting in the Czech Republic for Romani students features theater performance about Romani history
- Romani college and high school students motivate Romani pupils in excluded localities of the Czech Republic to continue their studies
- 70+ Romani students attending Czech colleges applied to the ROMEA organization's scholarship program this year
- Czech NGO ROMEA offering Romani students another scholarship opportunity
- Barbora Ellen Bilá: I want to go to college and make my grandfather's last wish come true
- Czech documentary film LETY will screen online for free on 13 May, followed by live chat with producers
- Romani scholarship recipient plans to work on AI at Czech university
- Radek Banga refuses interview for ROMEA TV, objects to articles published by news server Romea.cz and to hateful attacks against him on Czech social media
- "Haters Will Not Stop Us!" ROMEA launches campaign to support Romani scholarship program
- Performer Jan Bendig declines invitation to join discussion on ROMEA TV, issues social media statement about his TV series
- Romani organizations launch campaign about the census that "features" Czech President Zeman