US Ambassador hangs the Romani flag at the US Embassy in Prague
As in previous years, the Embassy of the United States of America in Prague hung the Romani flag on its building to mark International Romani Day (8 April). US Ambassador Stephen King hung the flag from the window of the Embassy on the afternoon of Monday, 9 April.
"I am proud that I can celebrate the cultural heritage of Romani people and recall the efforts of the USA for the equal treatment of Romani people worldwide. Bachtalo Romano Ďives! All the best for Romani Day," the Ambassador tweeted along with a video of himself hanging out the flag.
The Romani flag was also flown on the building of the Czech Foreign Ministry yesterday and was flown by the City of Liberec and the Liberec Regional Authority on Friday, 6 April. International Romani Day has been celebrated in the Czech Republic since 2001 and this year's three-day celebration in Prague culminated in Sunday's gala evening at the Archa theater.
- Czech Foreign Ministry flies Romani flag, outgoing Foreign Minister and Justice Minister meet with Roma
- Czech Republic: Romani students send video message for International Romani Day
- US State Department says Czech Republic is grappling with anti-Roma hatred, including from the President
- Czech court sentences Romani man to six months in prison for hate speech against the Czech President and others
- Czech Embassy in Italy trying to prevent neo-Fascist co-optation of Czechoslovak historical figure Jan Palach there
- Czech Constitutional Court says father's anonymous, racist e-mail about a non-white doll at nursery school was blackmail
- EU analysis finds main target of pro-Kremlin disinformation last year was Ukraine
- US Embassy in Prague gives human rights award to Magdalena Karvayová for helping Romani children access quality education
- USA: Neo-Nazi leader recently arrested upon returning from Mexico
- USA: Four racists arrested over last year's violence in Charlottesville
- Ukrainian court remands two juveniles into custody for murderous pogrom against Roma, Canada and USA condemn the racist violence
- USA: Organizer of last year's fatal ultra-right march plans a reprise in the nation's capital
- Czech chair of National Council of People Living with Disabilities lets himself be used to promote populist, xenophobic party
- Disgraced former Trump adviser to debate 2016 election with Democratic Party supporter in the Czech capital