US Ambassador hangs the Romani flag at the US Embassy in Prague
As in previous years, the Embassy of the United States of America in Prague hung the Romani flag on its building to mark International Romani Day (8 April). US Ambassador Stephen King hung the flag from the window of the Embassy on the afternoon of Monday, 9 April.
"I am proud that I can celebrate the cultural heritage of Romani people and recall the efforts of the USA for the equal treatment of Romani people worldwide. Bachtalo Romano Ďives! All the best for Romani Day," the Ambassador tweeted along with a video of himself hanging out the flag.
The Romani flag was also flown on the building of the Czech Foreign Ministry yesterday and was flown by the City of Liberec and the Liberec Regional Authority on Friday, 6 April. International Romani Day has been celebrated in the Czech Republic since 2001 and this year's three-day celebration in Prague culminated in Sunday's gala evening at the Archa theater.
- Czech Foreign Ministry flies Romani flag, outgoing Foreign Minister and Justice Minister meet with Roma
- Czech Republic: Romani students send video message for International Romani Day
- Postponed celebrations of International Romani Day to be held in Czech capital on 22 July
- Commentary: The opponents of racism are racists - current and former Czech Presidents show their anti-democratic colors to the world
- Czech President Zeman marks US Independence Day by calling Black Lives Matter "racist"
- As US protests continue against police murder, ROMEA recalls 2016 case of Romani man who died in police custody under circumstances like George Floyd
- Araceli Cañadas Ortega: Romani women are the roots that feed our communities with care and love
- Petra Gelbart: COVID-19 can quickly get out of hand and spread to those who believe they are immune
- EU Commissioners greet the Roma on International Romani Day
- KHAMORO World Romani Festival marks International Romani Day with online anthem performance
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights on International Romani Day: Segregated schools are the shame of our country
- Czech Govt Human Rights Commissioner thanks Roma for their aid during COVID-19 and wishes them well on International Romani Day
- Romani and non-Romani figures from the Czech Republic send greetings on International Romani Day: But bacht the sasťipen!
- Slovak President greets Romani people for International Romani Day: Paľikerav tumenge. Džanav mištes hoj jekhetane koda keraha