US Ambassador hangs the Romani flag at the US Embassy in Prague
As in previous years, the Embassy of the United States of America in Prague hung the Romani flag on its building to mark International Romani Day (8 April). US Ambassador Stephen King hung the flag from the window of the Embassy on the afternoon of Monday, 9 April.
"I am proud that I can celebrate the cultural heritage of Romani people and recall the efforts of the USA for the equal treatment of Romani people worldwide. Bachtalo Romano Ďives! All the best for Romani Day," the Ambassador tweeted along with a video of himself hanging out the flag.
The Romani flag was also flown on the building of the Czech Foreign Ministry yesterday and was flown by the City of Liberec and the Liberec Regional Authority on Friday, 6 April. International Romani Day has been celebrated in the Czech Republic since 2001 and this year's three-day celebration in Prague culminated in Sunday's gala evening at the Archa theater.
- Czech Foreign Ministry flies Romani flag, outgoing Foreign Minister and Justice Minister meet with Roma
- Czech Republic: Romani students send video message for International Romani Day
- Czech Constitutional Court agrees with politician who sued over nickname ridiculing him in the press
- Czech Republic declares state of emergency over coronavirus pandemic, International Romani Day celebrations postponed
- Forced sterilizations in Europe and the USA and their consequences for today
- "Gypsy King" Tyson Fury defeats Wilder to become world boxing champion
- US Holocaust Museum offers unique opportunity in Prague to relatives of those persecuted on Protectorate territory
- Czech ice hockey star of Romani origin and NHL draft pick moves to new domestic team
- Slovakia: Romani children from excluded communities sing Romani national anthem at the Presidential Palace
- VIDEO: Gala celebration of International Romani Day 2019 in Prague's Archa Theater
- VIDEO: March of Proud Roma begins International Romani Day celebrations
- International Romani Day 2019 - Events in the Czech Republic
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT 17:30 CET: Prague begins celebrating International Romani Day
- US State Department says Czech Republic is grappling with anti-Roma hatred, including from the President