US Ambassador hangs the Romani flag at the US Embassy in Prague
As in previous years, the Embassy of the United States of America in Prague hung the Romani flag on its building to mark International Romani Day (8 April). US Ambassador Stephen King hung the flag from the window of the Embassy on the afternoon of Monday, 9 April.
"I am proud that I can celebrate the cultural heritage of Romani people and recall the efforts of the USA for the equal treatment of Romani people worldwide. Bachtalo Romano Ďives! All the best for Romani Day," the Ambassador tweeted along with a video of himself hanging out the flag.
The Romani flag was also flown on the building of the Czech Foreign Ministry yesterday and was flown by the City of Liberec and the Liberec Regional Authority on Friday, 6 April. International Romani Day has been celebrated in the Czech Republic since 2001 and this year's three-day celebration in Prague culminated in Sunday's gala evening at the Archa theater.
- Czech Foreign Ministry flies Romani flag, outgoing Foreign Minister and Justice Minister meet with Roma
- Czech Republic: Romani students send video message for International Romani Day
- More Roma citizens of Romania attempting to cross from Mexico into the USA to seek asylum this year
- EU Fundamental Rights Agency and OSCE say governments must deliver aid to Roma affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- VIDEO: Igor Kmeťo, Jr., Monika Bagárová, Jan Bendig and others release new song for International Roma Day
- US administration greets Roma on 8 April, Romani flag up at the US Embassy in Prague
- Alexander Soros: We celebrate the identity, self-determination and unity of Roma, Open Society Foundations will always support them
- MEP Peter Pollák on World Roma Day: Mere declarations of willingness to solve problems not enough, it's time for results
- Czech Foreign Minister on World Roma Day: Fighting for equality is an integral part of Czech foreign policy
- Chair of the Czech Pirates: Let's not trip the Roma up, let's treat them with the dignity they deserve, as equals
- Czech ecumenical service sends wishes of good fortune and good health to Romani people on their day
- Czech activist on 8 April: the Romani position in society is deteriorating, zero results from the financing invested
- Czech actors send greetings to Romani people for 8 April, World Roma Day
- 50th anniversary of the international movement of Romani people celebrated worldwide