VIDEO: Commemorative ceremony at the former Lety concentration camp attended by 200 people
Yesterday about 200 people traveled to Lety u Písku, Czech Republic, to the site where, during the Second World War, a concentration camp for Romani people was located, in order to honor the Holocaust victims of Romani origin who suffered and died there. On this occasion, the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust, chaired by Čeněk Růžička, presented its Award for Humanity in memoriam to the late entrepreneur and philanthropist Dr Alfred Bader, who established the Bader Philanthropies foundation.
Yechiel Bar-Chaim accepted the award on behalf of the foundation. "We have given this award to Alfred Bader in memoriam. He established a foundation supporting projects in different states endeavoring to improve co-existence between majority societies and Romani people," Růžička told news server Romea.cz.
ROMEA TV broadcast the entire ceremony live. The Ambassador of the United States of America and other dignitaries attended.
- LIVE AT NOON TODAY: Commemoration at the former concentration camp for Roma in Lety, Czech Republic
- Commemoration at WWII-era concentration camp for Roma in Czech Republic to give Award for Humanity in memoriam to Dr Alfred Bader
- Czech MP compares French President Macron to Hitler at commemoration of the Nazi occupation, Czech Defense Ministry distances itself
- Czech capital sees commemoration of parachutists who assassinated Nazi leader in 1942
- Public discussion reviews Czech and Slovak policies and practices of commemorating the Holocaust and its Romani victims
- LIVE BROADCAST TONIGHT: Contemporary research of the Holocaust, Romani victims, and their public commemoration
- Czech commemoration of Holocaust at Terezín Memorial will again not feature the Romani flag
- VIDEO: Commemorative ceremony at Lety u Písku and tour of the former pig farm
- Traditional commemorative ceremony for the Romani victims of the Holocaust 13 May at Lety will launch new award
- Gallery in Czech capital to host discussion about new memorial commemorating the Romani genocide
- Czech PM to attend commemorative ceremony to honor Holocaust victims who are Romani
- Czech Republic: Commemoration of Romani partisan will plant tree in his honor
- PHOTOGALLERY: Commemorative ceremony honoring the memories of the Romani victims of the Holocaust at Lety u Písku
- Czech researcher at Romani genocide commemoration: Compensate the victims of illegal sterilizations
- FULL VIDEO: Commemorative ceremony honoring the memory of the Romani victims of the Holocaust at Lety u Písku
- Gwendolyn Albert: "I believe the illegally sterilized women will be compensated"
- Czech library to exhibit all designs submitted for the future Lety u Písku Memorial to the Holocaust of the Roma and Sinti
- Czech demolition of pig farm on former WWII-era concentration camp for Roma delayed one year, future new memorial said to be unaffected
- German Sinti and Roma oppose Berlin tunnel construction that will disturb memorial to Sinti and Romani victims of the Nazi regime
- Commemorative ceremony at Hodonín memorial in Czech Republic 20 August honors Romani and Sinti victims of the Holocaust
- Slovak Prime Minister says the Holocaust and its Romani victims must be remembered so that its "bloody history" will never be repeated
- VIDEO: Commemoration at former concentration camp in Czech Republic remembers Romani victims of Auschwitz, Human Rights Commissioner expresses support for a Romani Commissioner
- Czech Government Human Rights Commissioner: I support the creation of a Government Commissioner for Romani Minority Affairs
- VIDEO: European Roma Holocaust Memorial ceremony at Auschwitz was virtual this year, Slovak and Austrian Presidents spoke
- LIVE BROADCAST Sunday at noon CET: European Roma Holocaust Memorial Day commemoration at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic
- LIVE BROADCAST: Pandemic limits participation in commemorative ceremony at Auschwitz Memorial, but Slovak President will attend
- European Commission President calls on EU Member States to combat discrimination against Romani people