Slovak Plenipotentiary for Roma organizes blood drive, dozens of Roma participate
Peter Pollák, the Slovak Government Plenipotentiary for the Roma Community, organized a blood drive in Banská Bystrice last week. Several dozen Roma came from all over Slovakia to the building of the district authority to visit a mobile transfusion station.
"The blood in the veins of the Roma is the same as that of any other person in Slovakia. Blood is not black or white, it's red for everybody. I am convinced that the blood given today by Romani people will save people's lives no matter what their race," Pollák said.
During the summer months there is often an acute lack of all types of blood in Slovak hospitals. Pollák plans to continue such events and intends to organize a blood drive in other parts of Slovakia as well.
- Slovakia: Wall erected to keep Romani residents separate
- Almost half of all Roma in Slovakia are integrated, others live without sewerage
- Slovak Plenipotentiary for Romani Community to run own journal - is it unfair competition?
- Slovakia: Renowned Hollywood composer supports Romani EP candidate
- Slovakia: Rapper Rytmus condemns TV moderator - "Hitler would be proud of her"
- Slovakia: TV anchor taken off air, loses job over racist statement
- Slovakia: Demonstration in support of ethnic Hungarian
- Slovakia: Demolition of building in Romani settlement cancelled
- Slovakia: Three suspects in beheading case of Romani man now on trial
- Slovak elections: Romani candidate Peter Pollák elected to parliament
- Slovak Constitutional Court awards compensation to Roma for 13-year court case - but the discrimination sued over still has no final ruling
- Slovakia: Video of police intervention against Roma at gas station goes viral, sparks protests
- Slovak President: The Holocaust of the Roma cannot be forgotten, especially when hatred is becoming a political tool once more
- Infamous housing estate in Slovakia is finally turning around
- Czech town sees its first-ever Romani music festival
- Slovakia: Romani girl from settlement now champion runner in her region
- Czech senior citizen threatens arson against Romani neighbors for playing loud music
- Slovak homeowner considers selling to Roma, so his neighbors graffiti his house and puncture his tires
- Slovakia: Dozens of children from orphanage ending up in psychiatric care - is it a business?
- Slovak Police arrest Czech citizen and two Slovak citizens on suspicion of extremism
- Slovak court grants early release to vigilante who murdered three Roma at their home, prosecutor complains
- Slovak President-elect creates minority adviser team, Roma represented by Jurina Rusnáková and Viktor Teru