"America's Got Talent" invites Romani twins from Czech Republic to perform
Alex and Maxim Šesták, 10-year-old twins from the Czech Republic, have been invited to the "America's Got Talent" competition by its casting director, who was captivated by a video of their musicianship posted to YouTube. The boys have dedicated themselves to music from a very early age.
Maxim plays keyboards and piano, while Alex began with flute and keyboards before switching to saxophone two years ago. Last year he won the primary school, district, regional and national rounds of the Arts Schools contest, winning a special jury prize at the national level for solo performance.
Currently Alex is one of seven winners of a competition for the most talented children in the Czech Republic, "Zlatý oříšek" (The Little Golden Nut). While recording the final performance of that contest at Czech Television he was noticed by the jazz performer Jan Smigmator, who then offered him a place with his band.
Alex also performs with his twin brother, and their videos are available on YouTube as Alex Maxim Twins. The family is not yet sure whether to accept the offer for the boys to participate in the American competition.
According to news server aktuálně.cz, their parents are hesitating out of concern that it might be too big of a contest for the boys too early, as well as because of their English. "In any event, I think it's an enormous honor that this famous competition has noticed somebody from the Czech Republic," the boys' mother told the news server.
"It's also an honor that the organizers contacted us, because usually it's the opposite - people reach out to them," she said. Alex has said he would like to perform in America with some of his favorite musicians, such as Charlie Albright or Eric Marienthal.
- Czech Republic: Nationwide Talent 2018 competition for children from drop-in clubs holds its final show
- Fashion designer Pavel Berky prevails with humility and talent over experiences of homophobia and racist assault
- Romani music celebrity supports "Go For Your Dream" project at Czech shopping centers
- Miroslav Rác: 21st century classical music teaching the lessons of the Holocaust and its Romani victims
- Czech Philharmonic will continue collaboration with Romani musician Ida Kelarová
- USA: Pianist Tomáš Kačo performs solo at Carnegie Hall - "There is no box for this music"
- Yvetta Blanarovičová: Talent alone is not enough
- Hungary: Romani duo from Slovakia win the "X Factor" music competition
- Romani musician Ida Kelarová to present young Romani musicians she has coached in concert Friday with the Czech Philharmonic
- Egypt: Band Introduces Traditional Romani Music to the Egyptian Jazz Scene
- Czech Republic: Romani musician receives award for civic bravery
- Czech Republic: Motion to name park after Romani musician passes the first bureaucratic hurdle
- Czech Republic: Romani street musician shines in "Pianist of the Year" competition
- Czech civil society prize goes to Romani musician Radek Banga for protesting music award to neo-Nazi band
- Czech Republic: Romani musicians give benefit concert for families of girls killed in hit-and-run in England
- Commentary: Not everyone has luck or talent - response to Julius Zajac about options for ghetto children
- Romani kickboxer Václav Sivák unequivocally wins the Oktagon Underground MMA fight in a packed O2 Arena in the Czech Republic
- Czech School Inspection maps successful primary schools, official says poor academic performance is not just a problem of excluded Romani pupils
- Jan Cina wins Czech Television's StarDance 2021 competition with Adriana Mašková
- Final round of "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" to broadcast this weekend, Romani family act makes the finals
- Dominik Oračko, Romani weightlifter, given regional honor in the Czech Republic
- Romani kickboxer Václav Sivák of the Czech Republic wins again, holds the international WAKO Pro title a second time
- Romani musician Tibor Žida advances to the next round of "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" with his version of the Czechoslovak national anthem
- Romani singer Bertík Girga overwhelms "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" jurors, evoking tears, hugs, and a standing ovation
- Czech court to hear appeal in case of brutal assault by non-Romani adults on Romani children in Lipník nad Bečvou
- Czech Bar Association reprimands attorney for approving of "joke" calling for the gassing of non-white first-graders, he appeals
- Czech MPs abolish infant institutions and raise remuneration for foster parents, bill now heads to Senate
- Czech Labor and Social Affairs Ministry reports that 53 % of under-threes in infant facilities are Romani