"America's Got Talent" invites Romani twins from Czech Republic to perform
Alex and Maxim Šesták, 10-year-old twins from the Czech Republic, have been invited to the "America's Got Talent" competition by its casting director, who was captivated by a video of their musicianship posted to YouTube. The boys have dedicated themselves to music from a very early age.
Maxim plays keyboards and piano, while Alex began with flute and keyboards before switching to saxophone two years ago. Last year he won the primary school, district, regional and national rounds of the Arts Schools contest, winning a special jury prize at the national level for solo performance.
Currently Alex is one of seven winners of a competition for the most talented children in the Czech Republic, "Zlatý oříšek" (The Little Golden Nut). While recording the final performance of that contest at Czech Television he was noticed by the jazz performer Jan Smigmator, who then offered him a place with his band.
Alex also performs with his twin brother, and their videos are available on YouTube as Alex Maxim Twins. The family is not yet sure whether to accept the offer for the boys to participate in the American competition.
According to news server aktuálně.cz, their parents are hesitating out of concern that it might be too big of a contest for the boys too early, as well as because of their English. "In any event, I think it's an enormous honor that this famous competition has noticed somebody from the Czech Republic," the boys' mother told the news server.
"It's also an honor that the organizers contacted us, because usually it's the opposite - people reach out to them," she said. Alex has said he would like to perform in America with some of his favorite musicians, such as Charlie Albright or Eric Marienthal.
- Czech Republic: Nationwide Talent 2018 competition for children from drop-in clubs holds its final show
- Fashion designer Pavel Berky prevails with humility and talent over experiences of homophobia and racist assault
- Romani music celebrity supports "Go For Your Dream" project at Czech shopping centers
- Miroslav Rác: 21st century classical music teaching the lessons of the Holocaust and its Romani victims
- Czech Philharmonic will continue collaboration with Romani musician Ida Kelarová
- USA: Pianist Tomáš Kačo performs solo at Carnegie Hall - "There is no box for this music"
- Yvetta Blanarovičová: Talent alone is not enough
- Hungary: Romani duo from Slovakia win the "X Factor" music competition
- Romani musician Ida Kelarová to present young Romani musicians she has coached in concert Friday with the Czech Philharmonic
- Egypt: Band Introduces Traditional Romani Music to the Egyptian Jazz Scene
- Czech Republic: Romani musician receives award for civic bravery
- Czech Republic: Motion to name park after Romani musician passes the first bureaucratic hurdle
- Czech Republic: Romani street musician shines in "Pianist of the Year" competition
- Czech civil society prize goes to Romani musician Radek Banga for protesting music award to neo-Nazi band
- Czech Republic: Romani musicians give benefit concert for families of girls killed in hit-and-run in England
- Czech Pirates criticize Govt report on education of Romani children for not reflecting COVID-19 impact and lack of access to distance learning
- Best of the Romani musicians program BAŠAVEL in 2020, broadcast online by Czech NGO ROMEA
- Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic keeps winning with "Gitano" on his back and the Romani flag on his shorts
- Romani kickboxer becomes Czech champion in classical boxing as well, will the big promoters notice?
- European Committee of Social Rights: Czech Republic overinstitutionalizes Romani children and children living with disabilities
- More than one Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic wins events in the WAKO K-1 WORLD GRAND PRIX 2020
- Romani film festival in Berlin gives special recognition to film about removing pig farm from WWII-era concentration camp site in Czech Republic
- Miss Czech Republic, who is Romani, wins title of "Miss Elegance" and is now in the top 15 of the Miss Globe 2020 beauty competition
- Marian Dancso: Socially excluded children are not participating in online instruction in the Czech Republic
- Romani girl runner in Slovakia scores another regional victory
- Forbes.cz: Romani celebrity Monika Bagárová is the third most influential person on Czech Instagram
- Romani Union of Slovakia: Police brutality against children must be investigated by independent commission, the ministry could be biased