Documentary films on SEE social, political and human rights issues
The European Documentary Portal (www.documentaryportal.com) would be interested to publish stories about documentary films in production on various South Eastern European social, political and human rights issues.
If you hear of any such films in production, or if your organisation is planning documentaries related to these subjects, please get in touch - we can help you publicise the final product.
Also, we are building a page to connect academics/ NGOs/ and international organisations with documentary filmmakers - so if you are looking for a freelance filmmaker to work with you, please let us know (www.documentaryportal.com/collaboration).
- Austria's Die Presse: Covert racism is why Europe's Roma are worse off after COVID-19 pandemic
- EU Fundamental Rights Agency and OSCE say governments must deliver aid to Roma affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- Zeljko Jovanovic: The New Roma Politics of Self-Determination and Unity
- LIVE BROADCAST NOW! EU Anti-Racism Summit
- EU Commission: States have to show improvement for Roma if they expect to draw funding
- EU Commissioner for Values: EU money is meant to help the Roma too, data collection is important so we aren't flying blind
- Czech Govt to divert billions of crowns from the EU away from social services even as COVID-19 increases demand for debt counseling
- Czech Republic: Further action needed to integrate Roma children in schools and prevent discrimination against LGBTI persons
- Bulgaria: Scandal over EU-financed training to detect alleged "radicalization" of Roma, activists say money was used to boost anti-Romani sentiment
- European Roma Rights Centre reports on human rights violations against Romani people during the pandemic this spring
- Analysis: European populists lose their charm to scandals, trials and unpaid debts
- Zeljko Jovanovic: European leaders' silence over Orban's anti-Roma rhetoric shames the EU