Hungary: American FBI to join investigation of Roma murders
The FBI will help Hungarian police to find the perpetrators of the murders of five Roma in recent months, National Police chief József Bencze announced on MTV Monday morning. Unidentified people have killed five Roma and injured several others in a series of attacks since last summer.
Justice and Law Enforcement Minister Tibor Draskovics told reporters later that he had asked Hungarian police to ask the US agency to help solve the killings. A series of very grave crimes unprecedented in Hungary has been committed, and the US has relevant experience, he said. The FBI has greater experience in hunting serial killers than Hungarian police and it has offices in 100 countries, so it can draw up a personality sketch of the murderers based on much more information, Bencze observed. The police have requested the services of the same FBI profiling team that identified a Miskolc man early this year who had sent e-mail messages to the cabinet since 2007 threatening to blow up various public institutions.
- Ten years on from neo-Nazi arson conviction, Czech attorney warns it could happen again
- Czech bodybuilder fined for approving of murder of Romani man, he appeals
- Conspiracy theorists, disinformation followers and football hooligans to protest Czech Govt COVID-19 measures tomorrow in Prague
- Slovak media and NGOs welcome conviction of right-wing extremist
- Facebook will delete posts denying or distorting the Holocaust, ignorance of it among youth one reason
- Slovak politician gets 4 months and 4 years for establishing a movement to suppress human rights, he appeals
- Portugueuse police ordered to remove racist tattoos
- Czech poll finds 30 % of the public does not want Romani children in mainstream classes and does want them to be segregated
- Czech Interior Ministry: Ultranationalist party attempted to spark anti-Romani sentiment, extremists and xenophobes spread disinformation about COVID-19
- Czech court upholds suspended sentence for man who called for non-white first-graders to be gassed to death
- Commentary: What are the Romani candidates running for the fascists in the Czech Republic thinking?
- Czech court sentences perpetrator to five years for racist assault on Romani man, both defense and prosecution considering appeal