Miss Czech Republic, who is Romani, wins title of "Miss Elegance" and is now in the top 15 of the Miss Globe 2020 beauty competition
Romani community member Nikola Kokyová has achieved success in the Miss Globe 2020 beauty competition. The 21-year-old native of Kolín made it into the top 15 and was given the title of "Miss Elegance".
After winning the title of Miss Czech Republic 2019, this is yet another beauty contest success for Kokyová. "When I applied to the national beauty competition for Miss Czech Republic one year ago, without any experience in modeling, it never occurred to me I would win the contest and then, a year later, have success abroad as well. I am immeasurably grateful to have received the opportunity to travel to Albania to the Miss Globe beauty competition and represent our beautiful country there," she posted to social media after her evening of success.
"I would like to thank you all for your support and your beautiful congratulations, which I very much appreciate. This experience has given me much more than just this beautiful title. Once again I have gone beyond my own expectations and moved forward," she posted to her followers.
This year's Miss Globe contest was held in Albania and was attended by 42 contestants from all over the world. Kokyová made it into the top 15, brought home the "Miss Elegance" title, and got more experience that will decidedly aid her with her future career.
"Throughout the competition I did my best to represent our nation, our culture and customs with great responsibility, humility, honor and love. I thank you all for your immeasurable support, energy and the strength you have given me. I really appreciate each one of you," she told her followers.
"Go ahead, want to accomplish the impossible, go for it. Work on yourself, believe in your dreams and mainly in yourself. I am sending love and energy to you all," she closed her message to her social media fans.
- Young Roma in the Czech Republic call on community to protect themselves from COVID-19 and not believe everything they read online
- Romani community member becomes Miss Czech Republic
- Romani finalist one of several to withdraw from Miss Czech Republic competition
- Former Miss Roma Mirka Pikolová one of 14 Miss Czech Republic finalists
- Miss Roma International 2007
- IRWN protest against Miss Roma International competition
- Romani kickboxer Václav Sivák unequivocally wins the Oktagon Underground MMA fight in a packed O2 Arena in the Czech Republic
- Slovak NGO chair says half of all Romani women living in excluded communities experience domestic violence
- Elena Gorolová: Czech state compensation for illegal sterilizations is more of a gesture, it will never make up for the children we couldn't have
- Jan Cina wins Czech Television's StarDance 2021 competition with Adriana Mašková
- Final round of "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" to broadcast this weekend, Romani family act makes the finals
- Dominik Oračko, Romani weightlifter, given regional honor in the Czech Republic
- Romani kickboxer Václav Sivák of the Czech Republic wins again, holds the international WAKO Pro title a second time
- Romani musician Tibor Žida advances to the next round of "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" with his version of the Czechoslovak national anthem
- Romani singer Bertík Girga overwhelms "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" jurors, evoking tears, hugs, and a standing ovation
- Romani scholarship recipient plans to work on AI at Czech university
- Brooke Pavek, an American with Romani roots, has more than 700 000 social media followers
- Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic defeats competitor after 90 seconds