Russian news servers spread hoax that "Western media" are faking reports of civilians rescuing children in Aleppo
Last month the Facebook social networking site saw a massive dissemination of a collage of photographs from Aleppo, Syria that allegedly "proved" that "Western media" reports about the situation in Aleppo were being manipulated. Those sharing the photographs alleged they had been manipulated to show different Syrian men rescuing the same little girl in three different places.
The photographs were disseminated with commentaries such as the following: "The Oscar for best actor is won by the Syrian who rescued the same little girl in three places three different times." As of 18 November the collage had been shared more than 3 000 times.
The collage was shared elsewhere online with the claim that three different men were reported to have rescued one and the same girl at various locations. The allegation was that the image of the girl was inserted into the photos.
The entire alleged manipulation of the photographs by "Western media" was reported by the Russian news servers Russia Insider and Russkaya Vesna, in particular. The source photographs of the rescue work appeared, for example, on the Daily Mail news server with a report about the Syrian helicopter Air Force attacking the Bab al-Nairab area of Aleppo on 27 August of this year.
The photographs originally came from the worldwide photobank Getty Images. Aljazeera has documented the situation using photographs from Reuters.
In other words, photographers from several worldwide agencies were all at the scene and several videos of the rescue were simultaneously produced. When one looks at all of the photographs and video footage together, they document the fact that the little girl was handed from one man to another at the same attack site.
This is also documented by the photographs and video footage here and here. The photographs were taken all on the same day at the same location and are not supposed to document various places - and they do not show a single man at allegedly different rescue sites.
Russkaya Vesna has presented its readers with other "evidence" of alleged manipulation of reporting about the war in Syria by the "Western media". Video footage of the attack on Aleppo on 24 September, where allegedly the same little girl was said to have been rescued, was reported as proof of manipulated coverage, but if one takes the time to look at the footage in question, the girl's face is never actually shown.
Republished with permission from hatefree.cz
- Commentary: Online social networks censor photos of Syrian war, ignore dissemination of hatred
- Turkey: Dom refugees from Syria find refuge in the Tarlabaşi neighborhood of Istanbul
- Russia: Massacre of Romani people in the Urals, two dead, six injured, media reporting is biased
- Czech Republic to receive 10 refugees from camps in Greece and as many as 80 Syrians from camps in Turkey
- Poland: Man who shouted "Kill him!" to attackers of Syrian immigrant sentenced to community service
- Russia: Mass demolition of homes in one of the biggest Romani settlements
- Russia: Romani residents of Tula rebel over gas supplies
- Analysis: Refugees, the past, Chairman Vodička, and the Russian path of the Czech Fighters' Union
- Germany: Neo-Nazis and populists march in Berlin waving fake Third Reich flags and those of Russia
- Czech branch of Russia's "Wotan Jugend" to stand trial
- Commentary: Russian propaganda claims both "Jews" and "Nazis" now rule Ukraine
- Russia: Neo-Nazi gang connected to Kremlin murdered anti-Fascists, immigrants and judges
- Czech President offends brave Russians who stood up for Czechoslovakia in 1968
- Ukraine: Neo-Nazi Right Sector fighters attack pro-Russian MP
- UN: Pro-Russian separatists, Ukrainian forces violating human rights
- Russia: Romani scientists were also sisters
- Former Czech President, Communist Party leader attend reception at Russian Embassy
- Russia commemorates the 69th anniversary of the end of WWII
- Czech Police break up cell of Russian neo-Nazi organization
- Russia and Fascism: When the thief cries "Stop thief!"
- Ukraine: Pro-Russian separatists want to "purge" Slavyansk of "Gypsies"
- Ukraine: Neo-Nazis from Right Sector form Donbas battalion to handle pro-Russian separatists
- Pro-Russian radicals target Roma for assault in eastern Ukraine
- Czech poll: Roma least-liked, Russians lose favor
- Czech Police arrest two Romani men for attack on police, confirm media exaggerated the incident
- Slovakia: Meet the Romani teacher who refused to grade racist essays
- Professor Iulius Rostas about school segregation: "Bad not only for Roma children, but for the whole society"
- Romani children from choir whose summer camp was shot at write to Czech PM, Police, seeking apology
- Slovakia: Second Romani schoolchild dies after February car accident
- Live online press conference 11 AM TODAY: Czech school targeted by racists hosts fundraisers from "THEY WANT TO GAS THEM, WE WANT TO SEND THEM TO SCHOOL!"
- Czech Police investigating three suspects over death threats against first-graders
- New Czech Education Minister to focus on which diagnoses do not necessitate inclusive education
- Czech attorney: Justice for online hate has been won in a case of racist assaults against two Romani brothers
- Czech pro-Kremlin disinformation Facebook page sparks wave of racist, vulgar comments about non-white infant
- Analysis: A propaganda war needs angry, defiant, disgusted, nerve-wracked people - and the Czech Republic qualifies
- Czech EdMin says number of Romani children educated according to reduced standards has not changed in three years
Tags:Děti, Facebook, fotografie, Hoax
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.