Slovak nursery school teacher refers to child's mother as a "gypsy", then mistakenly sends her the message online
"I wrote to the gypsy that her little one will not get lunch today," reads a message written by a teacher at a nursery school in Bratislava's Vrakuna municipal department, referring to the mother of one the children enrolled there. She mistakenly sent the message online directly to the mother herself.
That was not the only error the teacher committed - the lunches she was describing in the message as not having been paid for actually already had been paid upfront. "Madame Teacher was wrong, and she sent that message to me by mistake where she was writing about me - apparently I'm a 'gypsy'. Is this how a teacher is meant to communicate? I believe each mother here has a name of her own, whether she's a 'gypsy', a peasant, Chinese or Mongolian," the mother told tvnoviny.sk.
The mayor of the municipal department, JUDr. Ing. Martin Kuruc, apologized in a comment on social media. "As the establisher of the nursery school I want to apologize for this crass behavior on the part of our teacher. I categorically reject any displays of racial hatred. I immediately began to take action, I contacted the head of our education department by telephone and the principal of the nursery school. All involved naturally regret this," he posted.
Kuruc also said the principal had apologized to the mother and the teacher had been summoned to discuss the incident. Legal action will be taken.
- Romani candidate has actual chance of becoming an MEP after party chair in Slovakia withdraws and backs him
- Czech Senator compares environmental, gender equality, multiculturalism advocacy to racism and totalitarianism at Holocaust site
- Italy: Almost 1 000 Roma and Sinti march in Milan on Romani Resistance Day
- Pope stands up for Romani people attacked by (neo)Fascists in Rome who threatened rape
- Czech gunman who fired warning shots over Romani children at summer camp has his sentence reduced to a fine
- Indebted minors could enjoy easier conditions for relief if Czech amendment passes
- Slovak President-elect says a single court decision cannot solve the problem of extremism and Fascism
- Romania loses at the European Court of Human Rights, must compensate Roma family for police brutality
- Report from Prague's anti-EU demonstration: The little guys on all sides
- Racist band associated with a leader of "Right Sector" in Ukraine to play in Czech Republic today
- PHOTO GALLERY: Demonstration by the "Freedom and Direct Democracy" movement and those counter-protesting it
- Czech Police intervene against those counter-protesting demonstration featuring Le Pen, Salvini, Wilders and a neo-Nazi band