Slovak Police charge politician with extremism
News server Plus JEDEN DEŇ reported on 28 July that police in Slovakia have charged Marian Kotleba, the head of the ultra-right party "Kotleba-People's Party Our Slovakia" (LSNS), with extremism. In March he gave a socially vulnerable family a check for EUR 1 488, which is a number with a neo-Nazi code meaning.
The number "14", in this interpretation, represents the "14 words" ("We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children") of the late American right-wing extremist David Lane, who was sentenced to 190 years in federal prison in 1985 for multiple crimes, including acting as the getaway driver for the assassins of a Jewish talk show host in 1984. As for the double 8s, they are a reference to the Nazi greeting "Heil Hitler", as the letter "H" is the eighth in the (English) alphabet.
The number "1488", therefore, is used as a symbol of the racist movement advocating for "White Supremacy". If convicted, Kotleba, who is currently the Governor of the Banská Bystrica Region, faces imprisonment of anywhere between six months to three years.
Police say Kotleba abused an act of charity to demonstrate his sympathy for a movement that has espoused ethnic, national, racial and religious hatred, Plus JEDEN DEŇ reported. Kotleba is now the third member of LSNS to be charged with extremism.
The party has not confirmed the charges. "Marian Kotleba has not yet been delivered anything," LSNS Vice-Chair Milan Uhrík told news server HNonline.
- Slovakia: Three skinheads assault Romani mother and her children with racist abuse
- Czech and Slovak ministers call for ways to combat radicalism
- Slovakia: Romani residents of Zborov tell Romea.cz that police beat children, pregnant women, threatened retribution if video released
- Slovak Prosecutor-General files motion to dissolve Kotleba's party
- Czech Public Defender of Rights says police failed in their response to shooting at children's camp
- Germany: 750 neo-Nazis celebrate Hitler's birthday, police confiscate their materials
- Czech President pushing Czech PM into Government with right-wing extremists
- Romani children from choir whose summer camp was shot at write to Czech PM, Police, seeking apology
- Slovak appeals court confirms that town discriminated against Romani woman and must compensate her
- Slovakia: Second Romani schoolchild dies after February car accident
- TODAY!!! Romani people to demonstrate against racism on 17 March in Prague's Klárov Park
- Germany: Neo-Nazi terrorists get multiple-year sentences
- Czech and Slovak Victims of Coercive Sterilization Await Justice
- Czech terrorist allegedly a fanatical supporter of ultra-right party who has attacked Romani people in the past
- Stano Daniel: A message from Slovakia. First, words fall. Then people.
- Czech memorial to Romani genocide desecrated with pig's head
Tags:Extremism, Marian Kotleba, Police, Slovakia
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.