Slovak Police charge politician with extremism
News server Plus JEDEN DEŇ reported on 28 July that police in Slovakia have charged Marian Kotleba, the head of the ultra-right party "Kotleba-People's Party Our Slovakia" (LSNS), with extremism. In March he gave a socially vulnerable family a check for EUR 1 488, which is a number with a neo-Nazi code meaning.
The number "14", in this interpretation, represents the "14 words" ("We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children") of the late American right-wing extremist David Lane, who was sentenced to 190 years in federal prison in 1985 for multiple crimes, including acting as the getaway driver for the assassins of a Jewish talk show host in 1984. As for the double 8s, they are a reference to the Nazi greeting "Heil Hitler", as the letter "H" is the eighth in the (English) alphabet.
The number "1488", therefore, is used as a symbol of the racist movement advocating for "White Supremacy". If convicted, Kotleba, who is currently the Governor of the Banská Bystrica Region, faces imprisonment of anywhere between six months to three years.
Police say Kotleba abused an act of charity to demonstrate his sympathy for a movement that has espoused ethnic, national, racial and religious hatred, Plus JEDEN DEŇ reported. Kotleba is now the third member of LSNS to be charged with extremism.
The party has not confirmed the charges. "Marian Kotleba has not yet been delivered anything," LSNS Vice-Chair Milan Uhrík told news server HNonline.
- Slovakia: Three skinheads assault Romani mother and her children with racist abuse
- Czech and Slovak ministers call for ways to combat radicalism
- Slovakia: Romani residents of Zborov tell Romea.cz that police beat children, pregnant women, threatened retribution if video released
- Slovak Prosecutor-General files motion to dissolve Kotleba's party
- Czech Deputy Trade Minister's pay is docked after posting to Facebook that "Gypsies are like jellyfish - poisonous and useless"
- Slovak Police charge four eyewitnesses to raid on Romani settlement with making false accusations
- Czech extremists abuse LGBT pride march in town of Plzeň but fail to block it
- Slovak President Kiska calls on voters to remove Fascists from office
- Chair of Prague DSSS celebrates ultra-right terrorist murdering woman in USA
- USA: Politicians and public pressure Trump to condemn white racists behind Saturday's deadly violence
- USA: Charlottesville mayor says Saturday's incident was terrorism, FBI investigating
- US President fails to explicitly condemn white racists for deadly rally, garners criticism and protest
- Czech Police intervene as extremists, neo-Nazis and religious believers protest Prague Pride parade
- Czech Police meet with Romani recipient of MBE to compare experiences in working with the Romani community
- Slovakia: Nominations begin for Roma Spirit 2017 under auspices of President Kiska
- Czech ultra-right extremist on trial for approving of genocide, inciting hatred against Jews and refugees
Tags:Extremism, Marian Kotleba, Police, Slovakia
Czech Police charge man who urged daughter to practice beating Muslims or Romani people with a baseball bat17.9.2017 17:51
Czech Deputy Trade Minister's pay is docked after posting to Facebook that "Gypsies are like jellyfish - poisonous and useless"15.9.2017 14:43
He will be losing his quarterly salary as a result.
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.