Slovakia: New Plenipotentiary for Roma to be Andrea Bučková
The TASR wire service reports that as of tomorrow, the new Plenipotentiary of the Government of the Slovak Republic for Romani Communities should become former departmental director at the Office of the Plenipotentiary, Andrea Bučková. The proposal to appoint her is included among the unclassified materials for the cabinet session.
Bučková previously worked for the Office of the Plenipotentiary when it was led by Peter Pollák, who is now an MEP and an expert on Romani issues with the governing OĽaNO party. From October 2012 to July 2016 she worked for that office as director of the Department of Development Projects, Monitoring and Evaluation.
Prior to that she worked for the office between 2004 and 2008 under Plenipotentiaries Klára Orgovánová and Anita Botošová. At that time she was a regional coordinator and later director of the Department of Methodology and Regional Coordination for the Office of the Plenipotentiary.
Bučková has also worked in Slovakia for the Labor Office, the Ministry of Social Affairs and the Family, and for the Fund for Social Development, and has been working most recently at the Slovak Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and the Family as the guarantor of the horizontal principles of equal opportunity, gender equality and non-discrimination. She will be the eighth Slovak Government Plenipotentiary for Romani Communities, replacing Ábel Ravasz (Most-Híd), who has led the office since April 2016.
- Slovak Govt Plenipotentiary for Romani Communities tells PM to either fire him or let him do his job
- NGOs call on new Slovak Government to end the segregation of Romani children in education
- Slovak Romani settlement quarantined after resident returns from England
- Slovakia to have a new Plenipotentiary for Roma, MEP wants it to be a Romani person
- Jan Horvát: Czech and Slovak Govts must immediately combat COVID-19 in excluded localities
- MEP Peter Pollák joins Slovak Permanent Crisis Team to address COVID-19 in Romani localities
- Slovak NGOs demand crisis plan from Govt to prevent COVID-19 pandemic in Romani communities, ombudswoman supports them
- Irena Biháriová on developments in Slovakia: Who is really being ostracized?
- Czech and Slovak extremists do their best to profit from the COVID-19 pandemic, attacking the EU and public broadcast media
- Slovak Plenipotentiary for Roma says Govt decision not to deliver benefits to Romani settlements is inhumane
- Coronavirus pandemic can make conditions in the Romani settlements of Slovakia deadly, protective gear slow to reach those who need it
- Romani activist will seek to become chair of Progressive Slovakia party
- Slovakia: Romani girl who ran her first race in flats now national silver medalist
- Analysis: Slovak elections a Pyrrhic victory despite number of Roma elected
- Slovak elections: Opposition OLaNO wins, no growth in votes for fascist party
- Newly-elected Slovak MP Jarmila Vaňová: I thank Romani voters for coming out and demanding change
- Three Romani candidates now legislators after Slovak election: Ján Herák, Peter Pollák Jr. and Jarmila Vaňová
- Video footage surfaces of Slovak politician bragging about throwing Romani people into a river when he was younger
- Romania: 100 Roma demonstrate in Bucharest in front of Russian Embassy with mockup of the tank that Romani Ukrainians captured from the occupiers
- Czech capital's "tent city" receives first Romani refugees from Ukraine
- Czech university distances itself from e-mail alleging increased security needed for dorm because of refugees from Ukraine
- Czech Interior Minister wants stricter checks on the passports held by refugees and changes to the aid offered them
- Volunteer aiding refugees from Ukraine in Czech Republic: Institutionalized racism definitively condemns Romani people to a hopeless fate
- Czech detention facility housing 130+ refugees from Ukraine, half of them are Romani
- Prague asks the Czech state for aid with accommodation of groups of Romani refugees from Ukraine, mayor says the state's effort has failed so far
- Mayor of Czech Republic's second city alleges Romani refugees sleeping in the train station can access benefits in other countries, then admits she can't prove it
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights: Police ignored whether the man they restrained was even alive, ambulance called too late
- Czech state acknowledges problem with finding accommodation for Romani Ukrainian refugees, Mayor of Prague calls for all free capacities to be provided
- In Czech Republic, the Hungarian passports held by some Romani refugees from Ukraine have not proved to be an advantage
- Romani Ukrainian refugees refused housing and registration in Czech Republic and sent to Germany