Slovakia: New Plenipotentiary for Roma to be Andrea Bučková
The TASR wire service reports that as of tomorrow, the new Plenipotentiary of the Government of the Slovak Republic for Romani Communities should become former departmental director at the Office of the Plenipotentiary, Andrea Bučková. The proposal to appoint her is included among the unclassified materials for the cabinet session.
Bučková previously worked for the Office of the Plenipotentiary when it was led by Peter Pollák, who is now an MEP and an expert on Romani issues with the governing OĽaNO party. From October 2012 to July 2016 she worked for that office as director of the Department of Development Projects, Monitoring and Evaluation.
Prior to that she worked for the office between 2004 and 2008 under Plenipotentiaries Klára Orgovánová and Anita Botošová. At that time she was a regional coordinator and later director of the Department of Methodology and Regional Coordination for the Office of the Plenipotentiary.
Bučková has also worked in Slovakia for the Labor Office, the Ministry of Social Affairs and the Family, and for the Fund for Social Development, and has been working most recently at the Slovak Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and the Family as the guarantor of the horizontal principles of equal opportunity, gender equality and non-discrimination. She will be the eighth Slovak Government Plenipotentiary for Romani Communities, replacing Ábel Ravasz (Most-Híd), who has led the office since April 2016.
- Slovak Govt Plenipotentiary for Romani Communities tells PM to either fire him or let him do his job
- NGOs call on new Slovak Government to end the segregation of Romani children in education
- Slovak Romani settlement quarantined after resident returns from England
- Slovakia to have a new Plenipotentiary for Roma, MEP wants it to be a Romani person
- Jan Horvát: Czech and Slovak Govts must immediately combat COVID-19 in excluded localities
- MEP Peter Pollák joins Slovak Permanent Crisis Team to address COVID-19 in Romani localities
- Slovak NGOs demand crisis plan from Govt to prevent COVID-19 pandemic in Romani communities, ombudswoman supports them
- Irena Biháriová on developments in Slovakia: Who is really being ostracized?
- Czech and Slovak extremists do their best to profit from the COVID-19 pandemic, attacking the EU and public broadcast media
- Slovak Plenipotentiary for Roma says Govt decision not to deliver benefits to Romani settlements is inhumane
- Coronavirus pandemic can make conditions in the Romani settlements of Slovakia deadly, protective gear slow to reach those who need it
- Romani activist will seek to become chair of Progressive Slovakia party
- Slovakia: Romani girl who ran her first race in flats now national silver medalist
- Analysis: Slovak elections a Pyrrhic victory despite number of Roma elected
- Slovak elections: Opposition OLaNO wins, no growth in votes for fascist party
- Newly-elected Slovak MP Jarmila Vaňová: I thank Romani voters for coming out and demanding change
- Three Romani candidates now legislators after Slovak election: Ján Herák, Peter Pollák Jr. and Jarmila Vaňová
- Video footage surfaces of Slovak politician bragging about throwing Romani people into a river when he was younger
- Slovak Government apologizes for anti-Jewish measures during WWII
- LIVE AT 16:00 CET: Pope Francis meets Romani people at Košice's Luník IX housing estate in Slovakia
- Albanian comedy shows feature blackface, prejudice and stereotypes about Romani people
- Slovakia: Those planning to attend public events with Pope Francis have to register online
- Romania: "Gipsycoin" cryptocurrency launched by Romani community leader
- Czech citizens living abroad can vote in October elections, deadline to register at consulate or embassy is 29 August
- Austria's Die Presse: Covert racism is why Europe's Roma are worse off after COVID-19 pandemic
- Romani runner in Slovakia whose junior career has been so hopeful confirms she is pregnant
- Woman says intercity bus driver in northern Czech town racially abused her and called for the death of all Roma before physically throwing her onto a road
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY: Discussion of the case of the death of Stanislav Tomáš, Ústí nad Labem, Czech Republic
- Human rights activists: Czech police officers who intervened against Stanislav Tomáš should be suspended until investigations end, ban kneeling on the neck during interventions
- LIVE BROADCAST TOMORROW 10 AM: Press conference on the case of the death of Stanislav Tomáš in the Czech Republic