Slovakia: Three skinheads assault Romani mother and her children with racist abuse
News server Novinky.sk reported yesterday that a young Romani mother named Naděžda was targeted for attack in the Slovak village of Snina by three aggressive men who looked like skinheads. Just before 8 PM the men broke into her home where she was alone with her children, the youngest of whom is a two-week-old infant.
Naděžda told the news server that her family survived the aggressive attack only thanks to the timely intervention of police officers, who came to the scene after she hid with her children from the assailants in the bathroom. She said she was convinced that the fact that the infant had kept quiet and not given away their hiding place was part of their successful rescue.
The attackers were searching the house when police arrived. "I'm Hitler, I'm the boss here, I'm going to kill you all," Naděžda said one assailant threatened her when he and his two friends burst into the apartment.
One allegedly shouted racist abuse at her, calling her a "filthy gypsy" and a "whore". Naděžda said the men were probably from Košice and had shaved heads and tattoos.
The assailants' behavior frightened the children. Naděžda said the men continued their aggressive behavior even after they were arrested and sitting in the police vehicle.
The men ended up in preliminary detention cells at the police station in Snina. "I can confirm that the case is being dealt with as a racially motivated felony by NAKA [the National Crime Agency]," Martin Wäldl, spokesperson for the Police Presidium of the Slovak Republic, told the news server.
- Czech and Slovak ministers call for ways to combat radicalism
- Germany compensating Czech and Slovak Roma 72 years after Nazi atrocities
- Slovak President Kiska: Let's stop speaking of the "Romani problem" and use Romani potential
- Slovakia: Romani residents of Zborov tell Romea.cz that police beat children, pregnant women, threatened retribution if video released
- Czech tabloid apologizes for fake news report claiming video from Chile was from Ostrava
- Woman assaults two headscarf-wearing women in Czech capital as they take children to swim
- Czech Republic: Romani Residents Persevere Through Poor Living Conditions
- Colombia: Romani Residents Embrace Their New and Traditional Identities
- Romania: Romani Actresses Shine a Spotlight on Feminism
- New Czech documentary about neo-Nazi who still lives with his mother at age 40 and hates the world
- Bulgaria: Anti-Roma Protests Continue After Alleged Romani Attacks on Teenagers
- Alana Telesford Explores Educational Inequity within the Czech Republic
- Lehigh University Students Explore the Problem of Social Housing within the Czech Republic
- Romani Students Propel Themselves Forward, Aiming to Further Their Education
- Belgian edition of TV competition "The Voice" won by 13-year-old Romani girl from Slovakia
- Bulgaria: Alleged Romani Attacks on Rowers Sparks Anti-Roma Protest
Tags:Racism, Roma, Slovakia, útok
on 17 July.
Czech tabloid fraudulently tells readers CCTV footage of theft in Chile was from Ostrava - antigypsyism is the response18.7.2017 7:16
Ninety years ago the Czechoslovak authorities issued law on "wandering gypsies", took fingerprints for "gypsy identification cards"15.7.2017 14:13
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.