Slovakia: Two men charged with assaulting black basketball player
Police in the Slovak town of Nitra charged two 21-year-old men yesterday with attacking Jean Rony Cadot, a black basketball player for the Nitra team. The assault was sparked by an argument in the Devil's Pub in Nitra after someone spilled a drink on Cadot's pants there.
The assailants have been charged with rioting, battery and racial hatred. They shouted racist epithets at the athlete during the assault.
Slovak Police President Tibor Gašpar says the indictment is seeking to remand the two suspects into custody and a court will soon decide whether to do so. Police are concerned the suspects might continue their criminal activity because, among other reasons, they followed Cadot all the way to the hospital after attacking him and were most probably determined to continue their assault on him even there.
"We are also considering charging other persons. We are working with a total of six suspects, four of whom probably actively participated in the assault," Gašpar said. The attack occurred on 14 February in front of the Devil's Pub.
- Czech Police hiring 1 000 police officers for basic services, cybercrime and extremism
- Monika Mihaličková: Silence is consent
- USA: Passer-by calls police on black man babysitting white children
- Czech Internet users celebrate the deaths of migrant children in Turkey
- Slovakia: Two-day meeting of V4 presidents was to cover Romani community issues, among other matters
- Czech ultra-nationalist party joins local assembly in the country's second-largest city
- Czech Youth Olympics team has its first medal - Romani community can be proud of the record-setting performance too
- ROMEA to Czech President: Romani life in communist Czechoslovakia included forced assimilation, forced sterilization of women, segregated education
- Czech sociologist refutes President's allegations about Romani unemployment, agrees with ROMEA
- Czech President insults Romani people yet again after casting his ballot
- ROMEA: Czech President has manipulated facts yet again - we can prove 70 % of Romani people in this country work
- Czech extremist party's campaign rally in Prague legally blocked by counter-event
Tags:Aktuality, Bezpečnost, Kauza, Kriminalita, Napadení, Násilí, Osobnosti, Policie, Slovensko, Soud, Sport, Xenofobie, zprávy, news, Racism, world
Civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council call on public broadcaster to hold a real debate about Romani issues16.10.2018 10:58
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.