UK: Thousands of Muslims protest against ISIS and terrorism in London
The British newspaper The Independent reported that more than 10 000 Muslims marched on Sunday, 1 October through London protesting against the so-called Islamic State (ISIS) and terrorism. The peaceful assembly on the Muslim holiday of Ashura commemorated the victims of the ISIS terrorist organization.
People of all ages marched from Hyde Park to Trafalgar Square holding banners and signs calling terrorists the "enemies of Allah and humanity", as well as signs reading "ISIS is neither Islamic nor a state" and "Islam Means Peace". Mike Haines, whose brother was murdered by ISIS, addressed the demonstration.
"It is important for us to respond with positivity against those who disseminate hatred. I remember my brother every day," Haines said.
"He knew the risk he was taking as a humanitarian worker. He and our family accepted that risk because he was doing important work, aiding those around him irrespective of their faith, race, religion or skin color," Haines said.
Ashura is a Muslim religious holiday celebrated by most Shiites to commemorate the death of Husayn ibn Ali, the grandson of Muhammad, at the Battle of Karbala in 680 CE. As part of an unrelated tradition, some Sunni Muslims fast on that same day, according to Wikipedia.
- Czech anti-Islam movement figures experience some social exclusion of their own
- UK: Muslim Community Helps Survivors of Grenfell Tower Fire
- Son of former Czech President disseminates photo online with misleading Islamophobic commentary
- Czech court overturns acquittal in radical Islamic book distribution case
- HOAX: Video from Prague spreads through Facebook alleging "Islamic refugees" were caught trying to rape a girl
- UK: Number of attacks on East European and Muslim immigrants grows by 42 % since the referendum
- UK: MP Cox, who opposed "Brexit" and supported refugee reception, has been murdered
- UK: Muslim leader says Islamists' first victims are moderate Muslims
- Roma take to the streets to show political preferences on Czech state holiday
- Czech Republic commemorates Velvet Revolution, Prague Police arrest two right-wing extremists
- Almost 2 000 Roma assemble in Czech town to ask for equal access to quality education
- Roma to demonstrate in Ostrava, Czech Republic, Saturday for equal access to quality education
- Czech military intelligence: Extremists' Islamophobic declarations legitimize the ideology of radical Islamists
- Czech-Roma group alleges more people may have died at Roma genocide site than previously known, will demonstrate for pig farm removal
- Czech Justice Minister says moving pig farm from Roma genocide camp may require expropriation
- United States: Protestors against Sharia Law Link Muslims to Terrorism
- Greece: Non-Romani residents attack Romani ones after Romani man accused in shooting death
- Hungary: Protests criticize Government, including over Roma integration
- Girl Scout from iconic photo in Brno, Czech Republic tells Romea.cz she feels obligated to protest fascist ideologies and opinions
- Czech neo-Nazis experience May Day debacle as counter-protests drown them out with music
Tags:Demonstrace, Islám, Islamismus, Islámský stát
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.