Ukraine: Neo-Nazis from Right Sector form Donbas battalion to handle pro-Russian separatists
Dmytro Yarosh, the leader of Ukraine's neo-Nazis, is organizing a "special Donbas battalion" in eastern Ukraine to take care of public order and confront the activities of pro-Russian separatists. Yarosh announced the news in Dnipropetrovsk on 24 April.
The brigade will supposedly have around 800 men. Yarosh said that recruitment of volunteers for the newly-created shock troops is being done with the agreement of the Ukrainian Interior Ministry and the SBU secret service.
"We want to help the security forces, more and more people are turning to us with requests to establish order in the east," Yarosh said. According to the Ukrainian media, the "Donbas battalion" is to become a component of a volunteer unit called "Dnieper", the creation of which was announced by Interior Minister Arsen Avakov at the start of April.
The ministry is opening the unit to men 45 years of age and younger who have completed their basic military service. Avakov said Dnieper would be "a response to the firebrands, the unidentified gunmen, and the other bandits who have been tasked with threatening the integrity of Ukraine."
Pro-Russian organizations say Right Sector activities in the east of the country are one reason for their dissatisfaction with the current government in Kiev. Many leaders of the pro-Russian radicals have been turning to Moscow with requests for aid and referencing the threat of right-wing extremism in Ukraine.
- Czech Republic: Protesters shout "Nazis Go Home" in front of Okamura's campaign office
- Czech party apparently trolled into posting photo of its leader on Facebook with Nazi swastika
- Czech Police report low turnout for ultra-right event featuring speaker convicted of the racially-motivated murder of a Romani man
- Chair of Prague DSSS celebrates ultra-right terrorist murdering woman in USA
- USA: Daily Stormer, a neo-Nazi website, offline after boycott
- USA: Neo-Nazi website shut down after insulting Charlottesville murder victim
- USA: Politicians and public pressure Trump to condemn white racists behind Saturday's deadly violence
- US President fails to explicitly condemn white racists for deadly rally, garners criticism and protest
- USA: "White nationalist" rally blamed for three deaths and 19 injuries
- Czech ultra-right extremist on trial for approving of genocide, inciting hatred against Jews and refugees
- New Czech documentary about neo-Nazi who still lives with his mother at age 40 and hates the world
- Commentary: The value of life in Central Europe depends on skin color
Tags:Neo-Nazism, Pravý sektor, Ukraine, unrest
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.