Villager arrested after 'firing shot' over gypsy children intruding in garden
A hunter has been arrested after a firing a warning shot over the heads of gypsy children intruding on his land next to the site of a religious festival.
Neighbours said that Christopher Bayfield had been plagued with break-ins and trespassing in the grounds his home in the village Swavesey, Cambs, in the days leading up to the incident on Thursday.
The village was described as in virtual lock-down after more than 1,000 travellers descended in 200 caravans on a 30-acre field next to Mr Bayfield’s family home for what was billed as an evangelical Christian gathering.
- Renáta Plachetková: EU citizens without settled status as of 30 June in the UK will be deported
- COVID-19 virus mutation means Czech Republic introducing quarantine for arrivals from Britain, flights stop today at noon
- In the V-4, COVID-19 pandemic exploited for ultra-right hoaxes, calls for authoritarianism
- UK quarantine for travelers arriving from Czech Republic begins tomorrow
- Slovak tabloid covers funeral of Romani woman as spectacle
- Petr Torák: The COVID-19 pandemic is getting worse in Britain, dozens of Roma are returning to the Czech Republic
- "Gypsy King" Tyson Fury defeats Wilder to become world boxing champion
- UK Holocaust commemoration features Romani activist Daniela Abraham, who met with royals
- EU Fundamental Rights Agency to publish results of research with Roma and Travellers in six EU Member States
- Petr Torák: Hate crimes spiked in the UK after the Brexit referendum, what will the elections bring?
- England: Czech emigré of Romani origin establishes boxing team for children from the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- UN budget cuts endanger human rights monitoring - deadline to join NGO letter is TOMORROW 26 MAY