Czech elections: Social Democrats gain only slight lead over ANO 2011
The elections to the lower house have once again been won by the Czech Social Democratic Party (ČSSD) with only a slight margin of victory, just like the elections of three years ago. The ANO 2011 political movement ended up closely behind the ČSSD.
The Civic Democrats (ODS), who were the governing party before the early elections were called, have now lost almost four-fifths of their MPs. Other parties to be seated in parliament include the Christian Democrats, the communists, TOP 09 and Úsvit přímé demokracie ("Dawn of Direct Democracy").
Both of the parties connected to President Zeman, the SPOZ and the Head's Up! bloc, will not be seated in the lower house, according to data on the official website for the elections. Seven parties will be seated in the lower house, two more than three years ago.
According to preliminary data, voter turnout was slightly above 59 %. Of the other groups that did not make it into the lower house, the Green Party did best, with 3 % of the vote.
The Free Party and the Pirates won around 2.5 % of the vote each, while the SPOZ won 1.5 %. None of the other groups exceeded 1 % of the vote.
- Czech experts point to association between indebtedness and extremist voting patterns
- Czech Social Democratic head recommends removal of lower house vice-chair because of his deceptive remarks about Romani genocide site
- Czech presidential elections: Voters don't have to go to their home precinct if they have a voter pass
- Czech bureaucrat who compared Roma to jellyfish resigns from Social Democrats
- Czech Republic: "Middle class" Roma share photos on Facebook of themselves casting ballots in lower house election
- Czech MP, embittered by his party's loss, curses news server Romea.cz and Roma in general
- Czech Republic: Low turnout in socially excluded localities, but ANO, Communists and Okamura scored there
- Romani candidates not seated in Czech lower house, Beňák and Tišer got the most preferential votes
- Czech elections 2017: ANO wins big, SocDems down but not out, Pirates score gains as does hatemongering Okamura
- Slovakia: Police arrest Romani candidate, his daughter insists he is innocent
- Six Romani men, one Romani woman running for the Czech lower house
- Martin Bajger, candidate for the Czech lower house: If just one Romani MP is seated, that would be success
Tags:Volby, Czech republic, ČSSD, Election 2013
Pre peskere pindre: Romani leaders in Czech Republic learn how to avoid financial transactions with those who humiliate Roma10.5.2018 8:56
Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?9.5.2018 6:55
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.