Czech elections: Social Democrats gain only slight lead over ANO 2011
The elections to the lower house have once again been won by the Czech Social Democratic Party (ČSSD) with only a slight margin of victory, just like the elections of three years ago. The ANO 2011 political movement ended up closely behind the ČSSD.
The Civic Democrats (ODS), who were the governing party before the early elections were called, have now lost almost four-fifths of their MPs. Other parties to be seated in parliament include the Christian Democrats, the communists, TOP 09 and Úsvit přímé demokracie ("Dawn of Direct Democracy").
Both of the parties connected to President Zeman, the SPOZ and the Head's Up! bloc, will not be seated in the lower house, according to data on the official website for the elections. Seven parties will be seated in the lower house, two more than three years ago.
According to preliminary data, voter turnout was slightly above 59 %. Of the other groups that did not make it into the lower house, the Green Party did best, with 3 % of the vote.
The Free Party and the Pirates won around 2.5 % of the vote each, while the SPOZ won 1.5 %. None of the other groups exceeded 1 % of the vote.
- Social housing law sparks dispute between ministers for ANO and Czech Social Democrats
- Czech officials will not prosecute complaints that election advertisement was racist
- Czech Education Ministry and Labor Ministry will buy school lunches for the disadvantaged next year
- Austria: Independent centrist candidate wins Presidential election, ultra-right populist loses
- Incoming Czech Human Rights Minister meets with Czech President, says human rights belong to everybody
- Czech Senate elections: Some anti-Romani candidates win, some lose
- Czech party revives anti-Romani slogan - "Gadje, get to work" - in Ústecký Region, and wins
- Commentary: Monothematic parties lose, but carefully-expressed bigotry wins votes in the Czech Republic
- Commentary: Czech Regional and Senate elections - Roma didn't vote, Romani candidates didn't win
- Czech regional elections. Romani SocDem candidate Rudolf Polák: Pay must motivate semi-skilled laborers too
- Czech regional elections. Romani candidate for the Greens/Pirates, Karel Karika: No more socially excluded localities
- Czech regional elections: Romani ODS candidate Milan Horvát says small-town schools need good educators
Tags:Volby, Czech republic, ČSSD, Election 2013
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.