Czech elections: Social Democrats gain only slight lead over ANO 2011
The elections to the lower house have once again been won by the Czech Social Democratic Party (ČSSD) with only a slight margin of victory, just like the elections of three years ago. The ANO 2011 political movement ended up closely behind the ČSSD.
The Civic Democrats (ODS), who were the governing party before the early elections were called, have now lost almost four-fifths of their MPs. Other parties to be seated in parliament include the Christian Democrats, the communists, TOP 09 and Úsvit přímé demokracie ("Dawn of Direct Democracy").
Both of the parties connected to President Zeman, the SPOZ and the Head's Up! bloc, will not be seated in the lower house, according to data on the official website for the elections. Seven parties will be seated in the lower house, two more than three years ago.
According to preliminary data, voter turnout was slightly above 59 %. Of the other groups that did not make it into the lower house, the Green Party did best, with 3 % of the vote.
The Free Party and the Pirates won around 2.5 % of the vote each, while the SPOZ won 1.5 %. None of the other groups exceeded 1 % of the vote.
- Tomáš Ščuka: Romani people need competent representation first and foremost, not Romani representation at all costs
- Independent Romani candidate collecting signatures to run for Czech Senate
- Czech Interior Minister says MP is lying about foreign nationals voting
- Czech Christian Democrats, SocDems want to stop the use of vouchers in material distress benefits
- Czech Social Democrats revoke membership of one "trafficker in poverty" while ignoring another
- Czech experts point to association between indebtedness and extremist voting patterns
- Czech Social Democratic head recommends removal of lower house vice-chair because of his deceptive remarks about Romani genocide site
- Czech presidential elections: Voters don't have to go to their home precinct if they have a voter pass
- Czech bureaucrat who compared Roma to jellyfish resigns from Social Democrats
- Czech Republic: "Middle class" Roma share photos on Facebook of themselves casting ballots in lower house election
- Czech MP, embittered by his party's loss, curses news server Romea.cz and Roma in general
- Czech Republic: Low turnout in socially excluded localities, but ANO, Communists and Okamura scored there
Tags:Volby, Czech republic, ČSSD, Election 2013
Tomáš Ščuka: Romani people need competent representation first and foremost, not Romani representation at all costs1.8.2018 10:04
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.