Czech Republic: Romani-owned business distributes clothing, food and hygiene supplies to the needy in Teplice
On 21 February the Romani-owned New Age Company organized a "GOOD WILL" („DOBRÉ VŮLE“) event in Teplice, Czech Republic. Employees used their own resources to put together packages with clothing and hygiene supplies as well as refreshments and distributed them to homeless people and the socially vulnerable in the park near the train station.
Roughly 20 persons came to take advantage of the aid. "Together with our employees we offered the homeless people beverages, clothing, and grilled chicken. Each attendee got a little bag with bandages, basic hygiene supplies, canned goods, plasters, spreads and warm socks," company director Vladimír Michalčík told news server Romea.cz.
"I believe aiding others is humane and this assistance is appropriate here. One should try to help others in need if one has the means and the opportunity. Most of our employees also come from socially excluded environments and we have given them a chance to extricate themselves from the vicious circle of poverty - I am very proud of that, it pleases me," Michalčík said when asked what led him to implement the charity event.
Employees of the company don't want to end their giving with this one-off event. "Certainly we want to continue with our charity projects, but we are also focusing on other groups. We will organize a similar event to benefit children as soon as possible," Michalčík told Romea.cz.
New Age Company is involved in active telemarketing and market research. The company produces and sells Gitano Cosmetics and the Maguama Libido coffee beverage.
- Romani entrepreneur Vladimír Michalčík: I always wanted to succeed in business
- Slovakia: Romani businessman stopped from distributing food to the homeless by authorities
- Czech Republic: Business owner openly admits she would never employ Roma
- Czech Bar Association reprimands attorney for approving of "joke" calling for the gassing of non-white first-graders, he appeals
- Union of Vlax Roma in the Czech Republic files crime report in Stanislav Tomáš's death, calls for special commission in the lower house to investigate
- Justice for Stanislav. Family of the late Romani man from Teplice, Czech Republic publishes obituary, funeral will be Saturday
- VIDEO: "Kneeling on the neck means death" - debut from Romani rapper Filip Šenki in the Czech Republic
- Chair of the Czech Helsinki Committee: Czech society is racist towards Romani people
- Czech Helsinki Committee opens bank account to aid the family of Stanislav Tomáš, who died after intervention by police in Teplice
- European Roma Rights Centre: It may take years to legally resolve the death of Stanislav Tomáš, information cannot be released during an ongoing investigation
- Russia calls for investigation of the death of Stanislav Tomáš after intervention by police in Teplice
- LIVE at 18:00 TODAY - Webinar on police brutality against Romani people with MEP Romeo Franz and director of RomanoNet Michal Miko
- Czech Govt Roma Council adopts resolution calling for investigation of the Teplice case and for the public to be informed
- Family of the late Stanislav Tomáš files crime report against the Czech Police through their attorney
- European capitals see unprecedented wave of solidarity with Czech Roma and protests over the death of Stanislav Tomáš