Edita Stejskalová: Czech PM has decided not to establish the post of Commissioner for Romani Affairs
On 2 May 2019, Edita Stejskalová, a member of the Czech Government Council on Romani Minority Affairs and political scientist, was interviewed by Patrik Banga for ROMEA TV. "A condition for receiving further financial resources from the EU is the National Romani Integration Strategy, and that fact gives Romani people a chance to get involved and to pressure the Government on certain issues, because there has to be a Strategy for the money to be allocated," she said.
The interview also discusses the importance of the role of the Czech Government Human Rights Commissioner (Czech MP Helena Válková was officially nominated to the post after this interview aired) the participation of Romani people in the public arena, and the attempt to institute the post of Commissioner for Romani Affairs. The video first aired without English subtitles on 2 May; to access subtitles in English, click on the gear icon.
- Romani community member Edita Stejskalová recognized for her political engagement in the Czech Republic
- Edita Stejskalová calls on Czech Govt to create the position of Commissioner for Romani Affairs
- Edita Stejskalová: OSCE should send observer missions to Ukraine regarding pogroms against Roma and monitor the police investigation
- Activists ask Brussels to stop bullying of Romani children in the Czech schools
- Czech media reports Human Rights Commissioner co-authored communist-era paper alleging Roma are predetermined to commit crimes
- Juliana Vodrážková: Josef Bánom has passed away
- Slovak President Čaputová awards Romani doctor and human rights activist with state honors
- Commentary: Which Czech media outlets can we take seriously?
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights is now Monika Šimůnková, a former Human Rights Commissioner
- Czech Institute for the Study of Totalitarian Regimes honors Romani activist's work to remove pig farm from Holocaust remembrance site
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin wins gold in Sarajevo
- Romani community member Jozef Facuna has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Emil Voráč: Some non-Romani social work clients in the Czech Republic refuse aid from Romani people
- Last survivor of Czech students sent to Sachsenhausen concentration camp has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Tomáš Ščuka: The strengths and weaknesses of the Brussels demonstration by Romani Europeans
- Former Culture Minister joins Czech Government Human Rights Council