More than one Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic wins events in the WAKO K-1 WORLD GRAND PRIX 2020
Václav Sivák (21), a Romani kickboxer from the Czech Republic, gave his rival no chances during the finals of the WAKO K-1 WORLD GRAND PRIX 2020 and defeated him with a fast, hard knockout. Saturday night's contest featured another Romani competitor as well, Douglas Daňo, who won in the weight category of up to 63.5 kilograms.
Last year Sivák became the WAKO world champion and number one amateur in the world, the first-ever Kickboxing World Champion from the Czech Republic. In the Prague match on Saturday he demonstrated his clear dominance in the sport.
Lithuanian contender Erlandas Kaminskij stood no chance against Sivák and the match ended after 28 seconds in which the Romani kickboxer landed three hard punches and a kick to win. Sivák first hit his opponent eight seconds into the contest, knocking him to the mat. Kaminskij got up and was sent back down two seconds later. The Lituanian then took about 10 seconds to slowly get back on his feet, and when the referee decided to let him keep fighting, he received a final hard kick from Sivák that ended the match.
Saturday evening also saw victory for another Romani kickboxer, Douglas Daňo of Rokycany, Czech Republic. He defeated Pavel Zdeněk in the final of his weight category.
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin wins gold in Sarajevo
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin to compete next week at MMA gala in Prague
- VIDEO: Kickbox champ of Czech Republic wins again, celebrates with the Romani flag
- Romani kickbox champ of Czech Republic celebrates victory at Muay-Thai evening in Slovakia with Romani flag around his shoulders
- Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
- Romani kickboxer wins quarter-final of cage match on Czech-Slovak OKTAGON MMA show, withdraws after injury
- Chess player, age 11, is a Romani talent from Slovakia who is defeating adult competitors
- Czech NGO director tells ombudsman he should resign for refusing to acknowledge discrimination against Roma
- Romani runner in Slovakia prepares for Europe's junior championship
- Romani people in the Czech Republic complain to retailers of security guards stalking them when they shop
- "Gypsy King" boxer Tyson Fury tells GQ he once gave his Louboutins to a homeless man in LA, but his giving doesn't stop there
- Best of the Romani musicians program BAŠAVEL in 2020, broadcast online by Czech NGO ROMEA
- During Czech COVID-19 pandemic, NGO distributes more than 80 laptops to Romani students for distance learning
- Once persecuted, the Salesians have run programs unlike any others for Romani children for 30 years in third-largest Czech city
- Romani community members debate the Czech Govt Strategy on Roma for 2021-2030
- Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic keeps winning with "Gitano" on his back and the Romani flag on his shorts
- Romani kickboxer becomes Czech champion in classical boxing as well, will the big promoters notice?