More than one Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic wins events in the WAKO K-1 WORLD GRAND PRIX 2020
Václav Sivák (21), a Romani kickboxer from the Czech Republic, gave his rival no chances during the finals of the WAKO K-1 WORLD GRAND PRIX 2020 and defeated him with a fast, hard knockout. Saturday night's contest featured another Romani competitor as well, Douglas Daňo, who won in the weight category of up to 63.5 kilograms.
Last year Sivák became the WAKO world champion and number one amateur in the world, the first-ever Kickboxing World Champion from the Czech Republic. In the Prague match on Saturday he demonstrated his clear dominance in the sport.
Lithuanian contender Erlandas Kaminskij stood no chance against Sivák and the match ended after 28 seconds in which the Romani kickboxer landed three hard punches and a kick to win. Sivák first hit his opponent eight seconds into the contest, knocking him to the mat. Kaminskij got up and was sent back down two seconds later. The Lituanian then took about 10 seconds to slowly get back on his feet, and when the referee decided to let him keep fighting, he received a final hard kick from Sivák that ended the match.
Saturday evening also saw victory for another Romani kickboxer, Douglas Daňo of Rokycany, Czech Republic. He defeated Pavel Zdeněk in the final of his weight category.
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin wins gold in Sarajevo
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin to compete next week at MMA gala in Prague
- VIDEO: Kickbox champ of Czech Republic wins again, celebrates with the Romani flag
- Romani kickbox champ of Czech Republic celebrates victory at Muay-Thai evening in Slovakia with Romani flag around his shoulders
- Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
- Pope's words at Romani housing estate in Slovakia gave hope to those attending
- LIVE AT 16:00 CET: Pope Francis meets Romani people at Košice's Luník IX housing estate in Slovakia
- Most Czech publishers say literature by Romani authors is not "mature" enough - but the KHER press says it's ready
- Romani NGOs in Czech Republic's Liberec Region issue statement on events in the runup to the October elections, warn against ultra-right violence
- Czech Senate Committee on Social Policy recommends rejection of bill authorizing attachment of welfare benefits over local unpaid fines
- Romani runner in Slovakia whose junior career has been so hopeful confirms she is pregnant
- Czech football club Sparta has identified the fans who shouted racist insults at Monaco player, filed a crime report against them and banned them from stadiums
- "Kamara - just a n****r" - Czech Police looking for football fans who published racist banner
- Stanislav Tomáš, who died in police custody, laid to rest in Teplice, Czech Republic. Civil society and his family call for his death to be properly investigated
- Slovakia: Drunken, knife-wielding man threatens to kill Romani children for being in a park and is now in custody
- Romani residents of infamous Czech housing estate are repairing dilapidated buildings themselves with the help of the town hall
- 70+ Romani students attending Czech colleges applied to the ROMEA organization's scholarship program this year